There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's

CSA

Current Employee - CSA I in Houston, TX
Current Employee - CSA I in Houston, TX

I have been working at Lowe's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

You work with a lot of interesting people, and meet a lot of different customers.

Cons

Store tends to show favoritism and only promotes the same individuals instead of promoting people within.

Promote people who are proven to do a job from within. Hiring people from outside the company to do a job over current employees who have to train them is a slap in the face.

4293 Other Employee Reviews for Lowe's (View Most Recent)

Good Career, Long Hours, Not a great work life balance

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at Lowe's full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I had a decent experience at Lowe's over my 6 years span. I started as an hourly associate and worked my way up to Assistant Store Manager. Yes, it can be done. It doesn't take that long it you're a great employee and are determined. Nice incentives were available when I was there. ASM get 40% of their base pay as a bonus if budget is achieved, Store Managers were getting 100% of base pay... I believe since Lowe's had the mass lay offs and restructuring in 2010/2011 that those figures have changed. Pay depends on your market and the volume of store.. bigger cities usually mean bigger pay. Typical salary raises were 3%.

Cons

The management either makes or breaks the store and the morale. Not all Lowe's stores are managed the same style or with the same level of professionalism. Being a salaried employee means your committed 110% to the company. Poor walks by the District / Regional Mgr could mean 6 day work weeks. and Very long hours. Best to stay ahead of the curve and do it right the first time.

Advice to Regional and Divisional Staff would be to treat all employees with respect. There were many times that I witnessed that level of employee disregard the hourly "lowly" associates and only care about the stores manager and his/her "numbers".

Supplying IT solutions to new and existing stores

Current Employee - Lead IT Deployment Analyst in Mooresville, NC
    Current Employee - Lead IT Deployment Analyst in Mooresville, NC

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Travel all over North America. Freedom to schedule work hours to best accomplish goals. Working with numerous technologies and meeting hundreds of new people each year.

Cons

Many weeks, each year, spent away from home. Timeline pressures to get stores open or to upgrade existing stores. Each technology, department or program is segmented apart from the others in its own information or security silo, and productivity and QA is compromised.

There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's