Lowe's

There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's

Not bad, not great

Current Employee - Live Nursery Sales Specialist in Wentzville, MO
Current Employee - Live Nursery Sales Specialist in Wentzville, MO

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay, great benefits, great people. I love my job!

Cons

Corporate doesn't know what they're doing half the time, plant orders are forced on me based on previous year reports but my department goes by weather! Horrible hours.

If someone can't do their job because you schedule them at night to sweep floors but pay them top price- something is wrong. If someone has been working in the plant industry for 16 years yet you refuse to listen to them and then lose money - something is wrong. If you set standards for all stores and refuse to follow through with every store - something is wrong.

4502 Other Employee Reviews for Lowe's (View Most Recent)

Sales specialist

Former Employee - Sales Specialist
    Former Employee - Sales Specialist

I worked at Lowe's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The only good thing to report about the company in the 4 years I worked there, I met some really awesome people

Cons

Hours, job, management they all suck. I've never returned to even purchase anything. I would rather go anywhere but there.

Managers, there used to be training out there which deals with people management.

Left me never wanting to work in retail again!!!

Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in Miami, FL

I worked at Lowe's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pay if your lucky to negotiate a decent salary that reflects your experience. Benefits to an extent and that is about it. Oh and maybe you just get a good deal on some merchandise.

Cons

LONG hours......They want you working 10 hour days sometimes 4 or 5 days straight. No real accountability from upper management. No respect for HR at store level. Outdated computer systems does not help sales or processes for all store associates. Corporate is awful when it comes to relating to field issues. Lack of hours to give proper customer service on the sales floor. All corporate cares for is manage payroll at whatever cost. At that rate there is no wonder why they will always be number 2 behind Home Depot and eventually close there doors all together. I could not leave fast enough...

Listen to your field management. Introduce new computers not just software updates. Give more operating hours to store to utilize for proper customer service coverage. And train individuals not just sit them in front of a computer and expect them to be experts overnight. Yeah there are plenty more but those are the few that need to be addressed immediately. Good luck to you Lowe's I shop at home depot...better prices without the attitude of managers and associates.

There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's