There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's

Very busy

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate II in Coeur d'Alene, ID
Current Employee - Customer Service Associate II in Coeur d'Alene, ID

I have been working at Lowe's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I enjoy using my 40 plus years in the industry to help people solve problems, find what they are looking for and sometimes they even thank me.

Cons

I was disappointed that the management have no clue about my background and experience and don't seem to be interested in it. It is difficult, at my age to be treated like I just fell off the turnip truck yesterday and I must not know much.

Get to know your new hires, find the best fit to utilize their background, don't ignore training they have had because it may prove useful to the company eventually.

4301 Other Employee Reviews for Lowe's (View Most Recent)

Good Experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

I worked at Lowe's full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I worked at this company for almost 15 years and feel overall it's a good company. It paid higher than other ones in the the area. They have an employee discount of 10%, medical and dental benefits and stock plan.

Cons

They don't pay as well as I think they should. After working there for almost 15 years I was only making $12.30 an hour. For a lot of the jobs they only want to hire people that have college degrees no matter if the person has done the job previously. Once in a particular job it's very hard to move to another one. At least that's what I found by not having a college degree.

You need to be more open to interviewing and hiring people without the college degree. Experience should be taken into consideration.

Great Job

I have been working at Lowe's

Pros

salaries are hiher then most retailer

Cons

lot of drama with in the store

There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's