Lowe's
3.3 of 5 3,631 reviews
www.lowes.com Mooresville, NC 5000+ Employees

Good Experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Winston-Salem, NC

ProsI worked at this company for almost 15 years and feel overall it's a good company. It paid higher than other ones in the the area. They have an employee discount of 10%, medical and dental benefits and stock plan.

ConsThey don't pay as well as I think they should. After working there for almost 15 years I was only making $12.30 an hour. For a lot of the jobs they only want to hire people that have college degrees no matter if the person has done the job previously. Once in a particular job it's very hard to move to another one. At least that's what I found by not having a college degree.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to be more open to interviewing and hiring people without the college degree. Experience should be taken into consideration.

Great Job

I have been working at Lowe's

Pros: salaries are hiher then most retailer Cons: lot of drama with in the store More

If you like Customer Service this is the place to work

Head Cashier (Former Employee)
    Missouri City, TX

I worked at Lowe's full-time for more than a year

Pros: Flexible Hours. Friendly coworkers. Fun environment. Reasonable pay. Great benefits. Great retail… Cons: Constant management turnover. Seems like some of the lower positioned employees last longer than some… Advice to Senior Management: Reduce your turnover rate by hiring at a higher standard.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Lowe's.

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lowe's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Lowe's CEO Robert A. Niblock. All reviews posted anonymously by Lowe's employees.