Lowe's

www.lowes.com

Good Experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Winston-Salem, NC

ProsI worked at this company for almost 15 years and feel overall it's a good company. It paid higher than other ones in the the area. They have an employee discount of 10%, medical and dental benefits and stock plan.

ConsThey don't pay as well as I think they should. After working there for almost 15 years I was only making $12.30 an hour. For a lot of the jobs they only want to hire people that have college degrees no matter if the person has done the job previously. Once in a particular job it's very hard to move to another one. At least that's what I found by not having a college degree.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to be more open to interviewing and hiring people without the college degree. Experience should be taken into consideration.

Great Job

I have been working at Lowe's

Pros: salaries are hiher then most retailer Cons: lot of drama with in the store More

If you like Customer Service this is the place to work

Head Cashier (Former Employee) Missouri City, TX

I worked at Lowe's full-time for more than a year

Pros: Flexible Hours. Friendly coworkers. Fun environment. Reasonable pay. Great benefits. Great retail… Cons: Constant management turnover. Seems like some of the lower positioned employees last longer than some… Advice to Senior Management: Reduce your turnover rate by hiring at a higher standard.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Lowe's.

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!