Lowe's

There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's

Unsatisfied

Current Employee - Cashier in South Altoona, PA
Current Employee - Cashier in South Altoona, PA

I have been working at Lowe's part-time (more than a year)

Pros

My manager allowed me to get days off when needed, without much hassle

Cons

The lack of incentives to 'better' my employment experience or move forward within the company toward a career

Listen to your employees, their the ones DOING the job, rather than directing us to 'push' the sale

5071 Other Employee Reviews for Lowe's (View Most Recent)

Good and Bad

Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Sicklerville, NJ
    Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Sicklerville, NJ

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Incredibly great work environment when we have a good store manager. Not so great when we have a store manager that isn't so great. (Been thru 4 in the past several years) Great people to work with, My coworkers are the best.

Cons

Store management leaves a lot to be desired. Scheduling is horrible. I'm constantly scheduled to cover other departments instead of being there when I have customers in my department. Commissions and Spiffs are a thing of the past. When I lost mine it was a 35% pay cut. With the loss of commissions and spiffs, my drive to sell went out the window. Overall it's not the worst place to work, but lack of foresight on managements part makes daily work sometimes unbearable. Right now the overall morale of the store is extremely low. The overall feeling in this store is that management doesn't even care about the employees.

Schedule intelligently. Bring back incentives.

What happens when the wrong person takes the helm of a great company!

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The salary and benefits were appropriate for the responsibility level of the job.

Cons

The company has lost its focus on what matters the most. Sales, profit, employee satisfaction, and above all customer service. The regional and market staff have become a bunch of spineless drones, more interested in self preservation than doing the right thing for the associates. "Yes men, and women" are now the norm and the "Good old boys club" is worse than ever. It now takes more time to manage your boss than a $30-$40 million store operation... pretty sad!

Wouldn't do any good!