Lowe's

There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's

Great Place to Work! Great Things Happening at the Loughborough store

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great coworkers, great management. Our store used to have some REALLY horrible employees. They were lazy, undependable and blamed everyone (especially management) for their own shortcomings. Quite frankly, there was a time that the bad outnumbered the good. It was like everyone just accepted it or maybe forgot what good looked like. Then we got new management. Whoa, most people were NOT happy about it. They knew their days were numbered. Some people got onboard with the change real quick. Others, not so much. I can definitely say that anyone that is not here now, had it coming for one reason or another. It has been over a year and now we have a great team. People care now. I care now. I know that what I do everyday contributes to the success of the team. When I come into work, I’m coming to see my family. I love my job and look forward to working every shift.

Pay is really good for the work. You don’t have to be a genius and you can still scratch out a decent living for the wages. You just have to show the right effort and attitude. It’s easy to move up with the right mindset. You can’t expect it to be handed to you, though. You have to work for it and wait for the right opportunity. Benefits are great, too. Plus, ALL of the employees are eligible for quarterly bonuses, not just management. And we have an employee stock purchase plan. The company lets us buy stock for a 15% discount - free money!

Cons

Let’s face it, it’s retail. You control what you can control. You can’t control the customers. They can be a bit much at times. You just have to have the right attitude about them.

There are still a couple bums that act like they own the joint. They seriously complain about the most ridiculous things. For instance, the company throws Employee Appreciation Events every so often. Here the Company is spending a ton of money to feed and entertain us and all some people can do it complain; my hotdog is cold or you got the wrong kind of mustard. GET OVER IT! It is free food. Then, they mope around all day trying to figure out why they don’t receive positive recognition or get promoted. Hmmm, ya might think about looking in the mirror. Geez! Such entitlement.

4611 Other Employee Reviews for Lowe's (View Most Recent)

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This company wows on customer service

Cons

Way schedules are set up could be adapted

More training for new employees

Great working environment.

Current Employee - Loader in Gaithersburg, MD
    Current Employee - Loader in Gaithersburg, MD

I have been working at Lowe's part-time

Pros

Opportunities abundant for advancement. A lot to learn at work.

Cons

Management is least innovative and too imposing, biased and promotion is not by merit at all but by who is who, some people are absent for the longest and they get to keep their jobs. Others are just sent off after one light thing. The favoritism is rampant and customer abuse is prevalent by the 'darlings' of management, yet nothing is done to them.

Should be more inclusive and open up to employee advice on how to deal with customers better. Managers at all levels should stop being so overbearing in order to be 'felt' that they are managers when their decisions and inter-management communication is very very poor.

There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's