There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Front End - Cashier in Athens, GA
Current Employee - Front End - Cashier in Athens, GA

I have been working at Lowe's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The pay, benefits, management, and co-workers. I loved coming to work just to be around my co-workers. For the most part we were treated fairly. Everyone was pretty friendly and the cashiers had frequent trips downtown together. People were usually willing to switch shifts with you if you asked in time and had something important going on.

Cons

The customers, and standing all day. A lot of the customers were rude no matter how nice you tried to be to them. You stand on your feet all day on a concrete ground so your feet and back hurt constantly. Please wear dependable shoes. Also, if you are part time, you won't get a weekend off unless you request it off.

It's okay to tell a customer no...especially when they're clearly in the wrong. Customers are really not always right.

4323 Other Employee Reviews for Lowe's (View Most Recent)

excellent company to work for.

Current Employee - Freight Flow Department Manager in Lawton, OK
    Current Employee - Freight Flow Department Manager in Lawton, OK

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

great working environment.Many opportunities to move up in company,or location of choice.Good health benefits,vision coverage is one of the best I've ever had.Many investment options from 401k to company stock.Overall satisfied with job.

Cons

Main complaint is that it is a retail environment,so most positions have rotating schedules,makes it hard to plan around.Training system could be better.companies technology is behind but is trying to catch up

Management should have a more grass roots approach when making changes,talk to people that actually do the physical job.

Lowe' Employee

Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Houma, LA
    Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Houma, LA

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits, opportunity to earn raises and bonuses

Cons

Constantly changing schedule - some employees call out and store is understaffed

They did fire the old manager and now have a new one!

There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's