Lowe's

There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's

Great Store to work for

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Riverton, UT
Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Riverton, UT

I worked at Lowe's full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I worked in the Riverton, UT store and it was a great place to work for. The managers were great to work with and were very willing to work with my schedule. I was able to easily pick up more hours if I needed

Cons

Some of the co-workers were lazy and not great to work with. Managers didn't give many assignments

I suggest to give daily assignments.

4611 Other Employee Reviews for Lowe's (View Most Recent)

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Front End - Cashier in Athens, GA
    Current Employee - Front End - Cashier in Athens, GA

I have been working at Lowe's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The pay, benefits, management, and co-workers. I loved coming to work just to be around my co-workers. For the most part we were treated fairly. Everyone was pretty friendly and the cashiers had frequent trips downtown together. People were usually willing to switch shifts with you if you asked in time and had something important going on.

Cons

The customers, and standing all day. A lot of the customers were rude no matter how nice you tried to be to them. You stand on your feet all day on a concrete ground so your feet and back hurt constantly. Please wear dependable shoes. Also, if you are part time, you won't get a weekend off unless you request it off.

It's okay to tell a customer no...especially when they're clearly in the wrong. Customers are really not always right.

Great Place to Work! Great Things Happening at the Loughborough store

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great coworkers, great management. Our store used to have some REALLY horrible employees. They were lazy, undependable and blamed everyone (especially management) for their own shortcomings. Quite frankly, there was a time that the bad outnumbered the good. It was like everyone just accepted it or maybe forgot what good looked like. Then we got new management. Whoa, most people were NOT happy about it. They knew their days were numbered. Some people got onboard with the change real quick. Others, not so much. I can definitely say that anyone that is not here now, had it coming for one reason or another. It has been over a year and now we have a great team. People care now. I care now. I know that what I do everyday contributes to the success of the team. When I come into work, I’m coming to see my family. I love my job and look forward to working every shift.

Pay is really good for the work. You don’t have to be a genius and you can still scratch out a decent living for the wages. You just have to show the right effort and attitude. It’s easy to move up with the right mindset. You can’t expect it to be handed to you, though. You have to work for it and wait for the right opportunity. Benefits are great, too. Plus, ALL of the employees are eligible for quarterly bonuses, not just management. And we have an employee stock purchase plan. The company lets us buy stock for a 15% discount - free money!

Cons

Let’s face it, it’s retail. You control what you can control. You can’t control the customers. They can be a bit much at times. You just have to have the right attitude about them.

There are still a couple bums that act like they own the joint. They seriously complain about the most ridiculous things. For instance, the company throws Employee Appreciation Events every so often. Here the Company is spending a ton of money to feed and entertain us and all some people can do it complain; my hotdog is cold or you got the wrong kind of mustard. GET OVER IT! It is free food. Then, they mope around all day trying to figure out why they don’t receive positive recognition or get promoted. Hmmm, ya might think about looking in the mirror. Geez! Such entitlement.

There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's