Lowe's

www.lowes.com
There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's

Something different each day

I worked at Lowe's

Pros

Never knew what to expect, kept busy, learned a lot, had safety parties, met cool people

Cons

Went under appreciated, and checked up on too often, and management was inconsistent

Trust your employees and allow them to do the work that is asked of them

4599 Other Employee Reviews for Lowe's (View Most Recent)

Great Store to work for

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Riverton, UT
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Riverton, UT

I worked at Lowe's full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I worked in the Riverton, UT store and it was a great place to work for. The managers were great to work with and were very willing to work with my schedule. I was able to easily pick up more hours if I needed

Cons

Some of the co-workers were lazy and not great to work with. Managers didn't give many assignments

I suggest to give daily assignments.

Great Place to Work! Great Things Happening at the Loughborough store

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great coworkers, great management. Our store used to have some REALLY horrible employees. They were lazy, undependable and blamed everyone (especially management) for their own shortcomings. Quite frankly, there was a time that the bad outnumbered the good. It was like everyone just accepted it or maybe forgot what good looked like. Then we got new management. Whoa, most people were NOT happy about it. They knew their days were numbered. Some people got onboard with the change real quick. Others, not so much. I can definitely say that anyone that is not here now, had it coming for one reason or another. It has been over a year and now we have a great team. People care now. I care now. I know that what I do everyday contributes to the success of the team. When I come into work, I’m coming to see my family. I love my job and look forward to working every shift.

Pay is really good for the work. You don’t have to be a genius and you can still scratch out a decent living for the wages. You just have to show the right effort and attitude. It’s easy to move up with the right mindset. You can’t expect it to be handed to you, though. You have to work for it and wait for the right opportunity. Benefits are great, too. Plus, ALL of the employees are eligible for quarterly bonuses, not just management. And we have an employee stock purchase plan. The company lets us buy stock for a 15% discount - free money!

Cons

Let’s face it, it’s retail. You control what you can control. You can’t control the customers. They can be a bit much at times. You just have to have the right attitude about them.

There are still a couple bums that act like they own the joint. They seriously complain about the most ridiculous things. For instance, the company throws Employee Appreciation Events every so often. Here the Company is spending a ton of money to feed and entertain us and all some people can do it complain; my hotdog is cold or you got the wrong kind of mustard. GET OVER IT! It is free food. Then, they mope around all day trying to figure out why they don’t receive positive recognition or get promoted. Hmmm, ya might think about looking in the mirror. Geez! Such entitlement.

There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's