Lowe's

www.lowes.com
  www.lowes.com
There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's

Lowe's is not concerned treating employees with respect, it's not what you know but who you know if you want to advance.

Current Employee - Cashier in Huntington Beach, CA
Current Employee - Cashier in Huntington Beach, CA

I have been working at Lowe's

Pros

The customers are my lifeline, I enjoy them.

Cons

They could care less if you're older, wiser and more experienced.

Management too busy to care about it's employees, they advance friends only.

4502 Other Employee Reviews for Lowe's (View Most Recent)

Some stores are good but not all.

Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Nashua, NH
    Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Nashua, NH

I have been working at Lowe's

Pros

After working at 3 stores in 5 years i came to love the company. They have great benifits to full and part time employees. I was able to take time off whenever i wanted and employees would help out if you needed time off at the last minute. Most stores had great management and was very fair.

Cons

Lowes is a company of store by store management. They have a very strict policy driven work enviroment. I opened two stores and bot started out following those polices. Once the store got "comfortable" and managers found there favorite employees that's when things start to fall apart. Lowes is a company of brown nosing to get ahead.

Stop playing favorites. Give the employees who want to be there a chance and not just hang out with the "cool ones". I used to be one of the people that would bend over backwards for my job but now i am just there for the paycheck and work just enough to stay.

Too Many Chiefs, Not enough Indians

Former Employee - Sales Specialist Flooring in Erie, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Specialist Flooring in Erie, PA

I worked at Lowe's

Pros

Enjoyed the work although it was physically demanding. Most of my co-workers were friendly and my HR Manager was very good.

Cons

I had a DM, MOD and some other manager all telling me to do different things at the same time. I kept thinking, how about you come out of your office and do it yourself, I am busy with customers. Also, the schedule was awful. I worked ten days on and 4 days off. They scheduled me all evening shift for the whole 10 days, 11:00-10:30. I didn't see my daughter for 10 days straight. It really made me mad too, b/c they scheduled three guys on mornings, all whom had no children, and me by myself at night.
    The other problem was that I have a 4 year degree in Pre-Architecture, and many years work experience, but was treated like a lackey.

Management needs to realize how valuable the employees are and learn to treat them with respect. I think even lazy employees would preform better if they felt their work was apprieciated.

There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's