Lowe's

www.lowes.com
There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's

Had the best overall experience with any job I have had

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Noblesville, IN
Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Noblesville, IN

I worked at Lowe's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I love everything about my job, Lowes is all about their employee because if their employees are happy or satisfied then customers are as well. I loved everything about working for Lowe's as I started as a cashier and worked my way into a department.

Cons

Just with any company there are always going to be people that you do not get along with. Being that the store is so big, there are a ton of employees. Dont expect for everyone to like you and learn how to adapt to other personalities

Stay involved with your employees, I always had amazing store managers and talk to him if you need to. If you are in a department, entrust in your department manager but if they do not help you then go through the chain of command

4860 Other Employee Reviews for Lowe's (View Most Recent)

Lowe's has good benefits, good pay and good job security...good place to work. Not "great" just good.

Current Employee - Head Cashier in Wall, NJ
    Current Employee - Head Cashier in Wall, NJ

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (more than a year)

Pros

-Over the past 2 years the one thing that has kept me at Lowe's is the people I work with. I have made more friends working at Lowe's than any other place of employment.
    -Pay in my opinion is above average for sure. Definitely great pay for the kind of work you are doing.
    -After 90 days as Full-time Regular, you get 2 weeks Vacation time, 4-5 days of Holiday time and accruing sick time that never expires.

Cons

-In-store management communication is often not good. They all seem to be on different pages.
    -Training for employees is lacking. I was properly trained with 2-weeks of mixed "On-the-job" training and computer training. Recently though there have been some new hires that only did one day of computer training and then thrown on the sales floor expected to sell product. Absolutely not acceptable.

Take the time to properly train new employees! It builds and gives them confidence as well as trust in their management and managements trust in them too!
    Also, COMMUNICATE TO ONE ANOTHER! ASM's and ABOVE! Talk to each other! You have no idea how frustrating it is to get told to do one thing by one ASM and then yelled at for doing that task from another ASM, given something else to do and then getting yelled at again by the 3rd ASM.

Good pay, Crazy Hours, and always have something to do!

Current Employee - Department Manager Lowes in Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Department Manager Lowes in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Its easy to get and its not hard to maintain

Cons

Crazy hours and They don't really help you when you are in a sticky situation.

There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's