There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's

Great two year ride on career highway

Former Employee - Sales Specialist in Windham, ME
Former Employee - Sales Specialist in Windham, ME

I worked at Lowe's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* fast paced, the day goes quickly without clock watching. * Rarely micromanaged. If you do your job, they rarely bother you. * Dogs are welcome. * Most coworkers are easy to get along with. * Decent products to sell. * 401k, sick days, vacation days, and insurance are good, you miss em when you leave. * hour lunch break. gave you a chance to do errands and get out of the building. * I always looked forward to going to work every day. * Lowes hired me in 2011, when everybody else was collecting resumes, conducting 2nd interviews, and wasting everybody's time. Say what you want about mega stores, but the locally owned businesses were full of hot air when it can come to hiring.

Cons

* My store had a clueless HR mgr who somehow could not fill sales positions. * Upper mgmt always had heads in the sand, and was in denial of all staffing problems. * Sales commissions taken away, and several good people left. * Quarterly bonus got scarcer and scarcer, so more good people left. * Management says that promotions are based on interview "points", but it comes down to promotions only go to people that management "likes". * Management will keep miserable bad apple employees around for ages, even though customers complain. * Store was chronically understaffed, and customers would kvetch. * Sales specialists were criticized that their sales figures were low, when they were doing everything but selling. How can you sell a patio door, when you are unloading a truck? * pre soviet block era computer system. Upgrade has been promised for two years, but where is it. * Overtime is a totally forbidden word. Merchandise may sit in aisles for a few days because there are not enough bodies to do the work. * Compliments from management were few and far between.

Advice to Management

Use common sense, and upgrade your computer system into the 21st century. Get managers that use their brains and get out of the office.

Other Employee Reviews for Lowe's

1. Good Company

Former Employee - Pricing Coordinator
    Former Employee - Pricing Coordinator

I worked at Lowe's full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great company to work for if you are in a good position.

Cons

Way too many chiefs with ideas that do not coincide with other managers.

2. Good working relationship, enjoyed the people there

Former Employee - Commercial Sales in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Commercial Sales in Louisville, KY

I worked at Lowe's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Scheduling was done right, on computer, they told me when I was working well in advance

Cons

Some managers wouldn't allow advancement for me and were difficult.

Advice to Management

None really