Lowe's

There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's

Excellent employer

Current Employee - Department Manager in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Department Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Competitive pay, excellent benefits, great potential to move in company

Cons

In my experience with the company, i have no cons to explain

Believe in your people. if you take care of the employee, the employee will take care of the company

4867 Other Employee Reviews for Lowe's (View Most Recent)

Most enjoyable job I have had!

Current Employee - Stocker
    Current Employee - Stocker

I have been working at Lowe's part-time (more than a year)

Pros

You have an opportunity to help people build all manner of projects, whether it's a playground for their children or a garden for their parents. Helping them pick out the right tools for the job is satisfying as well. I've had customers return to me with pictures of how the project I helped them design or improve has turned out and they are beaming with pride over how they were able to build something that they may not have thought otherwise possible.

Cons

Not everyone shares my passion for customer service. Upper management also has a complicated way of doing simplistic things sometimes, even with less complicated suggestions. Transferring between stores in the event that you have to move, as is my situation (for the military) is too complicated. You have to apply to the desired store, go through another interview, and get the job before you can be transferred. Computer systems are badly in need of an update, though I think they are doing that this upcoming year.

Have the possible job candidate do an interview with their prospective manager. It gives both an opportunity to get a feel as to whether the candidate would be a good fit. This would cut down on turnover.

Working at Lowe's

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Menifee, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Menifee, CA

I worked at Lowe's part-time (less than a year)

Pros

I worked part time at Lowe's in Menifee CA. I enjoy the work environment and associates and managers were all friendly but did a great job. I must say in my 27 yrs in the Marines that I enjoyed. I truly enjoyed working at Lowe's and would love to work for Lowe's again in the future.

Cons

The only con was it is so hard to get hired for a full time position.

Always take care of your people and your people will always take care of your. When they see you don't care then most think why should they care.

There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's