Lowe's

www.lowes.com

Most enjoyable job I have had!

Stocker (Current Employee)

ProsYou have an opportunity to help people build all manner of projects, whether it's a playground for their children or a garden for their parents. Helping them pick out the right tools for the job is satisfying as well. I've had customers return to me with pictures of how the project I helped them design or improve has turned out and they are beaming with pride over how they were able to build something that they may not have thought otherwise possible.

ConsNot everyone shares my passion for customer service. Upper management also has a complicated way of doing simplistic things sometimes, even with less complicated suggestions. Transferring between stores in the event that you have to move, as is my situation (for the military) is too complicated. You have to apply to the desired store, go through another interview, and get the job before you can be transferred. Computer systems are badly in need of an update, though I think they are doing that this upcoming year.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave the possible job candidate do an interview with their prospective manager. It gives both an opportunity to get a feel as to whether the candidate would be a good fit. This would cut down on turnover.

Working at Lowe's

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Menifee, CA

I worked at Lowe's part-time for less than a year

Pros: I worked part time at Lowe's in Menifee CA. I enjoy the work environment and associates and managers were all friendly but did a great… Cons: The only con was it is so hard to get… Advice to Senior Management: Always take care of your people and your people will always take care of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great place to work!

Head Cashier (Current Employee) Fayetteville, AR

I have been working at Lowe's part-time for more than a year

Pros: Great environment and great pay Cons: Retail hours are not always great to work but that… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Lowe's.

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!