Lowe's

www.lowes.com
There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's

Good place to work as a delivery driver so you can avoid management.

Current Employee - Non-CDL Delivery Driver in Fairbanks, AK
Current Employee - Non-CDL Delivery Driver in Fairbanks, AK

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The company offers full benefits, including a very nice health plan and great support for students. They even help with tuition.

Cons

Management has some issues. I had to write a statement about an incident where I acted against training that I had never actually received. In order to stop disciplinary action I showed them the training that THEY GAVE ME and then they realized they were wrong and immediately stopped action.

Before you try to discipline an employee for not following their training, make sure that you've ACTUALLY trained them about the point that you are trying to discipline...

4837 Other Employee Reviews for Lowe's (View Most Recent)

Most enjoyable job I have had!

Current Employee - Stocker
    Current Employee - Stocker

I have been working at Lowe's part-time (more than a year)

Pros

You have an opportunity to help people build all manner of projects, whether it's a playground for their children or a garden for their parents. Helping them pick out the right tools for the job is satisfying as well. I've had customers return to me with pictures of how the project I helped them design or improve has turned out and they are beaming with pride over how they were able to build something that they may not have thought otherwise possible.

Cons

Not everyone shares my passion for customer service. Upper management also has a complicated way of doing simplistic things sometimes, even with less complicated suggestions. Transferring between stores in the event that you have to move, as is my situation (for the military) is too complicated. You have to apply to the desired store, go through another interview, and get the job before you can be transferred. Computer systems are badly in need of an update, though I think they are doing that this upcoming year.

Have the possible job candidate do an interview with their prospective manager. It gives both an opportunity to get a feel as to whether the candidate would be a good fit. This would cut down on turnover.

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Head Cashier in Fayetteville, AR
    Current Employee - Head Cashier in Fayetteville, AR

I have been working at Lowe's part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great environment and great pay

Cons

Retail hours are not always great to work but that is expected

Keep up the good work