There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's

Good Company to work for

Current Employee - Loss Prevention Manager in Birmingham, AL
Current Employee - Loss Prevention Manager in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I like the team I work with. The company atmoshphere is fairly laid-back and if you are willing to work hard and relocate, you can find some really great opportunities.

Cons

Working the Corporate created schedule can be irritating sometimes. The corporate office is always changing rules or creating new ones

Stay consistant in how you manage. Things that were wrong yesterday needs to be wrong today.

4289 Other Employee Reviews for Lowe's (View Most Recent)

Check out the individual store where you want to work, not all Lowes are managed the same.

Former Employee - Department Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Department Sales Manager

I worked at Lowe's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, 401-k, stock purchase plan. Probably a great place to work part time or seasonal. Closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas.
    Horrible hours but a set schedule for off days that repeats every 4 weeks.

Cons

Extremely stressful. A very threatening, toxic environment. Too much stress is put on department managers. We had no say so in the hiring of individual employees yet we are "held accountable" for their performance. You are scheduled 39 hours a week but are held accountable for 24-7.
    Work 5:30 am to 2:30 pm two or three days a week and 2:00 pm to 11:00pm other days with a 10 to 7 occasionally. Close the day before your off days and open the day after. Work all holidays.

Teach your store managers some people skills. I have been working for nearly 40 years and have never been spoken to or treated so poorly as I was at Lowes. Good benefits and pay don't make up for an environment where employees feel like they are being held in a concentration camp. People should want to come to work, not dread it.
    All the money you have put into computer training programs (that employees working out on the floor don't have time to take) do not take the place of mentoring or training classes with an actual human being.
    The HR system is deplorable. All they know how to do is send emails to other HRs to answer questions and the answer is always look on such and such a website. What are they paid to do?

Not enough hours, not enough pay. Terrible.

Current Employee - Loader in Slidell, LA
    Current Employee - Loader in Slidell, LA

I have been working at Lowe's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nice people to work with.

Cons

Pay is terrible with no benefits. We qualify for food assistance with this job.

Need more hours, but that's the fault of corporate.

There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's