Lowe's
3.3 of 5 2,296 reviews
www.lowes.com Mooresville, NC 5000+ Employees

I want to love working here so much....

Head Cashier (Current Employee)

I have been working at Lowe's full-time for more than 5 years

ProsI love the majority of my customers, there's always a rotten apple in the bunch, but for the most part, it's great working with them. I love the products we sell, being a home owner, I love learning all the things the specialists teach me. I love the majority of my co-workers, again, rotten apples happen, but there's a lot of different personalities, and I try to get along with them all. The pay and benefits are decent, the pay could definitely be better for the work we do, most of us deserve it.

ConsThe corporate side of this company, really is a detriment to the individual stores in so many ways. They have this heavy fist that "keeps everybody in line" to the point, it becomes an incredibly stressful environment. I work at a high profit/year store, and those corporate fists are heavy in our store. They couldn't care less about the employees, at all. You know, the people that makes the stores flow like a well oiled machine?! Yea, we're just peons. A dime a dozen. A lot more has been added to our plates, with little to no more pay, and that's pretty discouraging too. The list of cons could be so much more, but I'll stick with my main grievances for now.

Advice to Senior ManagementSince Customer Service is what it's all about, and I don't disagree with that at all. Wouldn't it only make sense to try and build your stores with happy employees? If the employees feel valued and the environment wasn't so incredibly stifling, I can guarantee that you would have loyal customer service oriented employees that would be proud to call Lowe's their employer. It needs work though, the whole system needs work. We don't feel valued what-so-ever.

no where to go

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Lowe's

Pros: just a job, that's all Cons: No incentives financially or otherwise Advice to Senior Management: need to read the one minute manager again More

Stressful - but decent pay

Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee)
Tampa, FL

I worked at Lowe's full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: If you get into a good store with a great management staff you can expect to quickly rise through the ranks and have a relatively… Cons: small towns = small pay, but usually less work. There isn't work life balance. I felt like I was married to Lowe's. Retail management is… Advice to Senior Management: Remember that all Lowe's associates are people.. Treat them with… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Lowe's.

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lowe's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Lowe's CEO Robert A. Niblock. All reviews posted anonymously by Lowe's employees.