There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's

Inconsistent hours, terrible PT health benefits, hard work not valued

Current Employee - CSA in Reno, NV
Current Employee - CSA in Reno, NV

I have been working at Lowe's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's great if you can get a manager to like you, if so, you're pretty well covered. Most of these types of people do very little at work except run from dept to dept talking to their buddies. If you can fit in with the "cool" crowd, it's easy not to do much in the way of real work.

Cons

See above. As well, don't tell people they can expect 30-40 scheduled hours a week on your job website. I was one of the people the really "liked" and saw my hours and other employees drop to 14 a week during the "slow" periods. Not enough to live on.

Advice to Management

Get new blood in there, the store manager is milking the system. Department manager (tools) is far to cozy with the store manager. Stop going to the Jox (bar) with each other - all managers & employees. Fraternization among upper management and lower positions is rampant.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. VERY DISHONEST

I worked at Lowe's full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

the building is very nice, comfortable work place. ok pay

Cons

Their HR department should not exist. my manager bullied me and set me up making up things to wrote me up, when I took the matter to the SVP of the department he did his own investigation and knew I was right, she was promoted from supervisor to manager right after I get another write up because my internet wasn't working as fast during a meeting, lots of horrible lies. after 6.5 years of service I was terminated because of my performance. That was their excuse because all of management are dishonest and dirty and do not care about their employees. I was lied to and bullied and no one cared. there solution was to fire me while I was still under doctor care from a previous surgery. I was treated very horrible and I DO NOT RECOMMEND WORKING FOR THIS COMPANY....

Advice to Management

Listen to the complaints, investigate and be fair. clean up the department from all your dishonest managers. the rumor is the only way to grow within is to be dirty......

2. Really great place to build sales experience and gain leadership training

Former Employee - Sales Specialist in East Peoria, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Specialist in East Peoria, IL

I worked at Lowe's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay, Good development and training, a lot of advancement opportunities.

Cons

retail hours, a lot of walking on concrete floors, uneven distribution of labor

Advice to Management

Continue to develop employees. You must leave the company in somebody else's hands someday. Hold associates accountable for the service they give, that is why they are employed.