Lowe's

www.lowes.com
  www.lowes.com
There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's

Inconsistent hours, terrible PT health benefits, hard work not valued

Current Employee - CSA in Reno, NV
Current Employee - CSA in Reno, NV

I have been working at Lowe's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

It's great if you can get a manager to like you, if so, you're pretty well covered. Most of these types of people do very little at work except run from dept to dept talking to their buddies. If you can fit in with the "cool" crowd, it's easy not to do much in the way of real work.

Cons

See above. As well, don't tell people they can expect 30-40 scheduled hours a week on your job website. I was one of the people the really "liked" and saw my hours and other employees drop to 14 a week during the "slow" periods. Not enough to live on.

Get new blood in there, the store manager is milking the system. Department manager (tools) is far to cozy with the store manager. Stop going to the Jox (bar) with each other - all managers & employees. Fraternization among upper management and lower positions is rampant.

4631 Other Employee Reviews for Lowe's (View Most Recent)

ProServices Customer Service Associate

Current Employee - Pro Services Customer Service Associate in Fayetteville, NC
    Current Employee - Pro Services Customer Service Associate in Fayetteville, NC

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good Benefits, Nice people for the most part, Lowes seems to care a lot about there employees.

Cons

Some managers seem to be on a power trip. A lot of gossip goes on.

Care a little more. Give objectives that are practical. Make every one feel they have a chance to move up to your level or higher.

Lowe's is a great place to work if you like to be micro managed and never think outside the box.

Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Temecula, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Temecula, CA

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

There are excellent benefits....medical, dental, vision, 401K, stock options.

Cons

Schedule is all over the board. Hard to have a life with a schedule that is constantly changing.

Bring back commission to the sales specialists. It makes us happier to be rewarded for outstanding performance and makes us thrive.

There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's