There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's

rewarding

Current Employee - Head Cashier in Terre Haute, IN
Current Employee - Head Cashier in Terre Haute, IN

I have been working at Lowe's part-time (more than a year)

Pros

overall good place to work

Cons

not enough hours for part time

reviews filtered by
  1. Great for Part-time Work

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Lowe's part-time (more than a year)

Pros

As a WE team associates, I am allowed to work a full time job during the week and work part time on the weekend. They have great benefits for part time associates, first place I've worked that give part times health benefits and quarterly bonus.

Cons

I am not there during the week and I miss thing that might be going on in the store that affects things for the weekend. Other associates do not feel that we are an asset to the store and feel that we do any real work.

2. Lowe's is the best retail environment that I have ever worked in and feels like a big family.

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate II
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate II

I have been working at Lowe's part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Competitive wages (even starting out wages are a few dollars above minimum wage), friendly work environment, good benefits/rewards, fair amount of hours if you have an open scheduling, learn skills as you go and good on the job training.

Cons

Lost revenue "sales goals" affect part time workers hours (for example: we did not make sales goals for Black Friday (which were increased even though the previous year they were not made) and all part time workers lost 5 to 10 hours 2 weeks later), long shifts (6 hours or more) are very strenuous for weekday sales associates, upper management spends little time explaining job expectations, can be monotonous during low customer turn outs.

Make your goals more clear upon hire (for your customer service employees) and don't tack on odd jobs or tasking jobs if they are to be working with the customer.

There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's