There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's

challenging and rewarding sales career

Former Employee - Project Specialist Exteriors in Palm Bay, FL
Former Employee - Project Specialist Exteriors in Palm Bay, FL

I worked at Lowe's full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

For the position I had, I was salary+commission, so the money you made depended on how much you wanted to work for it. It is considerably more independent than other sales jobs, as you are not in the store very often.

Cons

Lowes computer system is based in MS DOS, which most of their store employees aren't even old enough to remember. Not very user friendly. They have been saying they will replace the computer system for about 2 years, but have yet to do so. Their is also a lack of decisiveness from corporate. They roll out programs that they don't see through to the end. Most stores run things as they see fit, which gives customers the impression of lack of consistency,

Advice to Management

There isn't anything I can think of to change with management, They were a great bunch of people to work for.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Very good experience

Former Employee - CSA
    Former Employee - CSA

I worked at Lowe's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Absolutely a positive experience! I learned a lot about the Construction Industry and the Lawn and Garden trade/industry because I constantly dealt with customers in those areas.

Cons

I worked as a seasonal employee for outside lawn and garden so with that in mind, i didn't have the most "dedicated" co workers. However that does no speak for the majority of the full timers who were awesome to work with.

2. Lowes was a very good company with great benefits and diversity. I have tried to go back but cannot get an interview.

Former Employee - Construction Manager in Wilkesboro, NC
    Former Employee - Construction Manager in Wilkesboro, NC

I worked at Lowe's full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good people and working conditions, No pressure as long as your task was being completed. Self motivations was encouraged and rewarded, Expectations were well accepted and understood

Cons

I was dismissed due to a reorganization and not given the opportunity to come back, because company fears of angry previous employee.

Advice to Management

Be more objective, not everyone that was let go in the reorganization is disgruntle. and would like to come back. If only given the chance to fill the positions advertised.