There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's

a good company for retail

Current Employee - Installed Sales Coordinator in Riverside, CA
Current Employee - Installed Sales Coordinator in Riverside, CA

I have been working at Lowe's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

401k match you up to 6% then a percentage after. The management team at my store is great .... tons of stores = more advancement opportunities .. we get small bonuses if we make our sales and service quotas .. benefits and stock purchase

Cons

pay raise per year is very low!!.. not sure if I will make it a career I am interested in HR but the HR turn over rate is very high at every store I have been to kind of scares me from taking that path ... also operating system is so old! I understand it would be extremely difficult and expensive to change but at some point I believe it needs to be done

Advice to Management

i enjoy my management team at my store

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

For a physical retail store, it is a very good company to work for.

I have been working at Lowe's full-time

Pros

I am fortunate to have a position that does not work on weekends so there is a good work-life balance. It's a Monday - Friday steady schedule that pays pretty well for a store. I like the 401k retirement benefits, too.

Cons

I dislike the way that current employees have to apply for positions when they want to move to another area as if they were not even employed with Lowe's at all. For example, if you get tired of working in hardware and would instead like to work in paint then you would have to wait for an opening in paint and apply for it, then hope you get picked for the job. It seems to kill morale.

2. It is a great company to work for.

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate II - Windows and Walls in Paramus, NJ

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company starts you at a decent pay rate. Better than most jobs.

Cons

They need to hire permanent help instead of seasonal, Computer systems need to be updated a little. They can offer higher pay raises for those who work well. Do a little more to help others.

Advice to Management

Better communication skills amongst management. i think that is the most important thing when it comes to running a business.