Delightful.

Current Employee - Department Manager
Current Employee - Department Manager

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great employees and culture that keeps the work environment fun, friendly and clean. Starting pay is very competitive for other retail positions. Great opportunities to learn valuable hands on skills for doing your own home improvement projects. Opportunities for advancement provided you demonstrate yourself as capable.

Cons

More and more decisions and processes are being centralized at corporate offices giving less flexibility in the stores to modify certain aspects to fit their customers.

Other Employee Reviews for Lowe's

1. Not a place to build a future !

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate I in Marble Falls, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate I in Marble Falls, TX

I worked at Lowe's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not many pros to speak of - just a job till you can find a good one !

Cons

From HR ( did receive the starting wage I was offered when excepting offer, was told there was nothing she could do ) to management very disapointing . No training for customer service just have to hope other employee's like you. Management is totally focased on their bonas program, they have very little interest in employee's development, customers or even talking to you. As a naval combat veteran and college graduate I have never worked for a company so hostal to returning vereran's. This company seems to have taken the position that with as many people out of work just cheeper to hire, not train or retain employee's. Part time hours must not go over 25 as they do not want to furnish health benefits. Overall not a very good place to work. They know nothing of the Veteran Readjustment Act and most of the employees feel like 2nd class employees. Employee theft is rampet with markdowns and discounts to a select few (was told employees come first not customers). As a christain and Veteran I could not continue working there.

Advice to Management

What management

2. awful

Pros

The only thing good about this job was the nice pay.

Cons

being sexual harassed and h.r. did nothing about it. Hours that you are scheduled are awful and they do not work with you if your going to school or have other things outside of work important to do. I will never recommend anyone applying.

Advice to Management

Find better management!