Stocker

Current Employee - Stocker
Current Employee - Stocker

I have been working at Lowe's

Pros

$2500 tuition reimbursement annually. Because like many retail jobs, apathy can tend to me the norm, if you are a hard worker that does what's asked by bosses with a good attitude and good work ethic, it's easy to stand out and quickly get promoted or positions you want to move to. Managers at Lowes feel so relieved to have a person they can actually depend on to consistently have their back and work hard. Being that person gets quick rewards at my company.

Cons

Not union, so you really need to pursue promotions to get decent annual raises, but again, it's not hard to move up if you actually work hard and dont get caught being lazy (which tends to be the norm in retail)

Best piece of advice would be to hold people accountable for the man hours they are being paid. I see so much wasted time being paid for at my company. People not working and just talking, and managers often dont hold people to an acceptable standard. There needs to be more discipline and less looking the other way. It is possible to be a kind manager with a positive attitude and still be able to hold those below you accountable for the time they spend in a day. If more basic structure would be enforced each store would be like a well oiled machine with no need to waste money on overtime for things that should have been taken care of with normal payroll..shelves would always be stocked, customers would be helped, and each store would be making money hand over fist allowing the company to pay better wages to retain well trained employees. But anyhoo...my rant's over. Just sad to see stores with so much potential but falling short because of a lack of assertive fair discipline from management.

Other Reviews for Lowe's

Think twice before you trust this job

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate

I worked at Lowe's

Pros

Lowes is a place that people there just do their job and go home.

Cons

You won't have a life. All your time will be spent there. No (only "real employees and they are rare) week-ends off or a regular scheule at all. You may even work half days. And then on a regular basis you will work 10 days in a row. Some of them being closing and opening...this is an often experience. (I used to joke that "This is Lowes way of keeping you in subjection") Only a few jobs there have that 7-4 M-F . Management at Lowes works off of bully mentality. "If you don't like it that you never have a week-end off, to bad, leave" I did enjoy working at Lowes because the customers are in need of somethng and I could get it for them. Don't go in as seasonal, you will be ripped off in time worked and pay and holidays and bonuses. They can keep you in seasonal status as long as a year and you won't realize it, and your time working hard won't be counted as time worked for the company and you start over as if you just started. ugh! Yes they did it to me. And then I found out everyone got a bonus and promotion from my work (I did ask for myself) . Customers loved me and I loved them. I also found out that at my store, the men are all paid much more money than the women. and men get promoted much faster, and more often ! I know this for sure. Who has time for a law suit, I am sure I would win, but don't want the stress. It's the Lowes Army !

The Lowes Managers work off of sheer brutality, bully-ing to the highest extent. I saw my sales manager hang his head down for four weeks after an attack. I did my best to pull up the moral at the store. So my advice is... to get more out your people, treat them with respect and have your management treat the employees with respect as well. No person is lest important. If the bathrooms are not clean, your store just got flushed of some real money! And the cashiers should be the highest paid chasheirs in the industry. No one being paid less then $10 an hour. And plenty of bonuses to them. Every dollar in that store is going through them . And they are the security guards and customer service reps, and store cleaners of the store as well. Why would you pay them so little, and treat them so badly...yes , they are mistreated and belittled by the management. I know this is hard to take but it was even harder to watch. And by the way Lowes, the stocks (that I had out of my pay taken on my own) that you gave back to me when I left... I bought HomeDepot's with it. Good Luck "Guys"

Management needs improvement

Current Employee - CSA
    Current Employee - CSA

I have been working at Lowe's

Pros

To give our customers what they want and need.

Cons

Management, Schdules,Pay and hours are not human friendly. We need to sleep too.

listen to your associates not managment, they are the ones who knows whats really going on.

There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's.

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!