There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's

The absolute worst place I have ever worked

I have been working at Lowe's

Pros

Co-workers were pleasant enough but not enough for me to stay. 10% discount was ok I guess. Paid quite well.

Cons

The horrendous schedule. The inflexibility of management. Management lied to so many of the staff and none of the promises came through for any of them. People quit their jobs to go work there on the understanding they would get promotions within a certain time frame, they would get transfered to other stores, if they started part time they would get full time, you name it - and none of it happened. The ineptitude of management, promote suck ups who have no experience. No life outside of work due to schedule, you sleep on your days off. They have benefits but often claims are denied. The work load was not evenly distributed, the industrious workers got dumped on and the lazy ones stood around as much as they wanted - that is when there was more than 1 person in the department, very often I worked all by myself and was expected to do the work of 3 people. Staff were quite unhappy in general and there were a lot of sick calls, I have never worked in a place where so many people were sick no matter what time of year. People just quit without giving notice.

Advice to Management

You may be handsomely rewarded for your job but most of the staff are not, it would behoove you to treat your staff with respect and courtesy rather than berate them on a continuous basis.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Lowes

I have been working at Lowe's

Pros

Great hourly pay for a retail store and good benefits even if you are part-time.

Cons

Some of the managers don't know how to speak to their subordinates. Customers are the least of the worries.

Advice to Management

Stop being condescending.

2. Overall a good place to work

Current Employee - Head Cashier
    Current Employee - Head Cashier

I have been working at Lowe's

Pros

Overall a pretty nice place to work. Everyone is usually very friendly and happy to be there. Job itself is not difficult. Wonderful benefits, and decent wages.

Cons

Not always easy to advance in the company. They seem to promote whoever they want instead of looking at the bigger picture. Most of the time it feels more like babysitting then working with adults.

Advice to Management

Praise the employees who are actually working hard and have pride in their jobs. Make them feel like they are a major contributor to the sucess of the business.