Lowe's

Very good

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Alexandria, LA
Current Employee - Operations Manager in Alexandria, LA

I have been working at Lowe's

Pros

Lows compentsate you for your experance

Cons

Store Managers lack of experance

Treat every employee equal

4482 Other Employee Reviews for Lowe's (View Most Recent)

Its been pretty satisfying for a job at this level...

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Framingham, MA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Framingham, MA

I have been working at Lowe's

Pros

They do have some room for advancement. But retail being what it is, have not really wanted to go into management. The big box stores and retail in general just don't pay management that much for how much work they do. Plus the fact that there is so much peer pressure on the management team to not have much of a life outside of their job has not made me look at management as a possible career move. But besides that the company does have a pretty good attitude towards employees. A few years back there were some head cashiers that almost provoked a little mini uprising amongst the cashiers. But the company dealt with it in a surprisingly effective way and the masses put down their pitch forks!

Besides that the only people that have been laid off or fired, were cut because of serious infractions of policy. There has'nt been one lay off for anything petty or un-called for.

Overall most of the other associates I have worked with have been well vetted. This is a huge aspect of your work enviorment. There are some laggards, but the majority are hard working and good fits for their jobs.

Cons

The main negative thing is that this is still a retail situation with all the stuff that this entails. But for a company that is part of the big box take over of the American economy, it has managed to hang on to some good core values. The company was started by some really brilliant people and they have managed to continue to recruit pretty good management and regular staff. Technology is also changing the way things are being done and retail will not be immune to the seismic changes coming up in the next few years. The code 50 situation can be a bit frustrating on some days. Maybe implement some kind of incentive plan. There does'nt seem to be any upside to answering them and most of the staff have considered themselves above dealing with it.

Been with quite a few retail operations, including the main competitor. The management teams I have worked with at Lowes have been among the best I have ever worked with and been very fair. I guess the main advice is to not work so hard and try not to push yourselves so much.

Good

Former Employee - Receiver in Belleville, IL
    Former Employee - Receiver in Belleville, IL

I worked at Lowe's

Pros

It was a very easy job.

Cons

Only Christmas and Thanksgiving holidays off

I think that everything they did was good. they were very helpful to new members. Training was important and very good.

There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's