There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's

Too many slackers as employees due to a buddy system.

Current Employee - Cashier II Front End in Huntington Beach, CA
Current Employee - Cashier II Front End in Huntington Beach, CA

I have been working at Lowe's

Pros

Lowe's is a great store and a friendly atmosphere in general.

Cons

Lowe's needs more people on the floor to assist customers as opposed to having too many managers that cuts into the cost to run the store. Lowe's would be a superior store if more employees would be in each zone.

Advice to Management

Communication skills could be improved to get the very best from their employees and to accent on the positive first before expanding on negatives.

reviews filtered by
  1. Company has good intentions and policies, but hires wrong people from outside to implement, PROMOTE FROM WITHIN.

Former Employee - Operations Manager in New Haven, CT
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in New Haven, CT

I worked at Lowe's

Pros

Fast Paced, good compensation and benefits, opportunities exist for advancement, excellent training program and fun people when the team is right.

Cons

Company has a penchant for hiring from competitors over training inside for advancement, the majority of these outside hires fail due to lack of proper culture. Lowe's management that i worked for does not care about your life outside work only how they can take advantage of you for their benefit.

Advice to Management

Become in tune with what is happening at a local level from an associate level and everything related to the bottom line will improve.

2. Ok but management above store level is very disconnected.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Lowe's

Pros

There are many different jobs fir everyone at every paygrade. Great job security and clean safe working environment. Also great diversity.

Cons

Regional and distric level management are very unrealistic and narrow-minded. They constantly bet against senior managers you are lucky tto get them to say more then hello.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people really listen I don't mean your store managers o mean below them most of us please our store managers so asking them for feedback ideas is stupid I've been in home improvement for 19 years and my dm walks with my store manager to discus a reset what?