Lowes Canada

Love this company!!

Current Employee - Anonymous
Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Lowes Canada full-time

Pros

Competitive pay. Lots of opportunity.

Cons

Training is lacking for most roles and IT resources need updating.

Need to consider more flexible work options.

14 Other Employee Reviews for Lowes Canada (View Most Recent)

Very immature employee's

Current Employee - Supply Chain Analyst in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Supply Chain Analyst in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Lowes Canada full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are no perks for working for this company. The culture is poor. The management is very bad.

Cons

The people who work for this company are very immature. They have a real lack of business experience. If you like to drink at lunch, this is the place for you.

You need to address the lack of management skills for all of the people with the title of manager. And how can you have a manager report to a manager

Fun, interesting staff and great customers.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Lowes Canada full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked retail for well over 15 years now, and Lowe's has been the most fun. From the wide range of legitimately nice customers to fantastic staff with a great attitude, I can't find a better place to enjoy my retail career. I know it sounds gushing but the staff at my store has made such an amazingly positive impact on my life.

Cons

Lack of store-level focus from management. You're given 5 things to do, but they're all number one priority, leading to an overall dip in tasking completion. Constant product re-arrangement and movement and very little flexibility in giving you an opportunity to shine. At store level there is little to no succession planning.

Keep investing in your staff. Retention at my store is above industry average, but with the new CEO coming in, the staff have felt we're slipping in both standards and the big C-level execs caring about the frontline workers. Too many changes implemented to bust down the entry/mid level positions upset people. From removal of heavy SOS discounts to removal of commissions, and now with the extended hour changes, the consensus is that C-Execs aren't overly interested in the frontline, just the bottomline. While altruistic, I'd like to believe I moved to Lowe's based on their application and following of the core values they eschewed to me 4 years ago.

There are newer employer reviews for Lowes Canada