There are newer employer reviews for LoyaltyOne

Best growth and work experience of my life

Current Employee - Customer Care Specialist - Travel in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I have been working at LoyaltyOne full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent culture, ownership of work, flexible work from anywhere program for some work groups, fabulous benefits, focus on rewarding volunteerism, green focus, great compensation and benefits.

I have worked at LoyaltyOne for 10 plus years. I have been performance managed during my time. I have always found that when I struggled with meeting my targets, I had the appropriate support to get back on track.

I have had the opportunity to work out of our Toronto office with various corporate groups as an Intern and personally know that some corporate groups are almost completely composed of people who grew out of the Customer Care Centre and were offered opportunities elsewhere.

I see a number of complaints on this site regarding the Customer Care front-line jobs. I want to make it clear that these complaints are perfect illustrations of why these people are no longer working in the AIRMILES customer care centre. There is very little patience for negativity in our environment. If you communicate with your Leader, they will be you best advocate. I had to take 6 months off due to a family emergency about 5 years ago, and the situation was approached with compassion and grace. I could deal with my family situation without worrying about job security at a time where I had many unemployed friends. I get 4 weeks vacation per year with the option to buy 2 additional weeks. I get 5 paid sick days n 5 unpaid. I have gone over on the occasional year ( life happens) and I received warning letters. I picked up my socks and moved on. We now have a generous policy when it comes to having to flex your shift last minute or split a shift, so I have been no where near 10 occurrences any other year.

Is it reasonable to expect that when you work for a corporation, you will won't need to make money for them? Those who are not meeting objectives are managed accordingly and exited. I have no concerns with this. It is exactly how I would ( and have) run my own business. It would be silly to keep dead weight who you have invested in substantially for success. In my opinion you really need to try in order to get fired from Loyalty ( or not try at all).

Cons

Not a con really, but you get what you put in.

Keep doing what you do best. I am an adult- I realize that management is not all roses. I expect you to support me if I am going through a brief phase of low-productivity due to outside influences, but I recognize that my performance is my accountability.

34 Other Employee Reviews for LoyaltyOne (View Most Recent)

Fantastic work life balance & culture

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at LoyaltyOne full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great employee perks and overall corporate culture - engaging and dynamic CEO. Great to work for one of Canada's top brands.

Cons

Development and career development opportunities could be improved as promotion requirements and/or skillsets are as clearly defined or transparent as they could be.

Onboarding Disaster

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at LoyaltyOne full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nice employees
    LoyaltyDay is nice - good way to give back to the community
    Smart people working at AirMiles

Cons

There is no training at all - no documentation, no process mapping, no way to samples/templates for the employee to use as a baseline - it is sink of swim
    Company is harsh with people during the first 90 days - people are forced out aggressively if they don't meet the demands of the role right away; but sometimes, the expectations are impossibly high

Make it clear from the beginning what the expectations are from the get-go; forcing someone out after 3 months of work without even having a proper performance discussion is really bad

There are newer employer reviews for LoyaltyOne