LoyaltyOne
www.loyalty.com Toronto, Canada 1000 to 5000 Employees

Best growth and work experience of my life

Customer Care Specialist - Travel (Current Employee)
Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I have been working at LoyaltyOne full-time for more than 10 years

ProsExcellent culture, ownership of work, flexible work from anywhere program for some work groups, fabulous benefits, focus on rewarding volunteerism, green focus, great compensation and benefits.

I have worked at LoyaltyOne for 10 plus years. I have been performance managed during my time. I have always found that when I struggled with meeting my targets, I had the appropriate support to get back on track.

I have had the opportunity to work out of our Toronto office with various corporate groups as an Intern and personally know that some corporate groups are almost completely composed of people who grew out of the Customer Care Centre and were offered opportunities elsewhere.

I see a number of complaints on this site regarding the Customer Care front-line jobs. I want to make it clear that these complaints are perfect illustrations of why these people are no longer working in the AIRMILES customer care centre. There is very little patience for negativity in our environment. If you communicate with your Leader, they will be you best advocate. I had to take 6 months off due to a family emergency about 5 years ago, and the situation was approached with compassion and grace. I could deal with my family situation without worrying about job security at a time where I had many unemployed friends. I get 4 weeks vacation per year with the option to buy 2 additional weeks. I get 5 paid sick days n 5 unpaid. I have gone over on the occasional year ( life happens) and I received warning letters. I picked up my socks and moved on. We now have a generous policy when it comes to having to flex your shift last minute or split a shift, so I have been no where near 10 occurrences any other year.

Is it reasonable to expect that when you work for a corporation, you will won't need to make money for them? Those who are not meeting objectives are managed accordingly and exited. I have no concerns with this. It is exactly how I would ( and have) run my own business. It would be silly to keep dead weight who you have invested in substantially for success. In my opinion you really need to try in order to get fired from Loyalty ( or not try at all).

ConsNot a con really, but you get what you put in.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you do best. I am an adult- I realize that management is not all roses. I expect you to support me if I am going through a brief phase of low-productivity due to outside influences, but I recognize that my performance is my accountability.

Onboarding Disaster

Marketing Specialist (Current Employee)
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at LoyaltyOne full-time for more than a year

Pros: Nice employees LoyaltyDay is nice - good way to give back… Cons: There is no training at all - no documentation, no process mapping, no way to samples/templates for the employee to use as a baseline -… Advice to Senior Management: Make it clear from the beginning what the expectations are from the get-go; forcing someone… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Typical average corporate environment, nothing to be excited about

Solutions Architect (Former Employee)
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at LoyaltyOne as a contractor for more than a year

Pros: Large IT department with lots of complex technologies to work with. Opportunity to learn… Cons: Bureaucratic environment, with lot of red tape. Things move slowly and with many layers… Advice to Senior Management: Break the silos and create more engaging environment. Improve communication. More

There are newer reviews on LoyaltyOne.

Worked for LoyaltyOne? Contribute to the Community!

LoyaltyOne – Why Work for Us?

​​LoyaltyOne is a great place to work.​​ And we work hard to keep it that way. Our global industry leadership, passion for innovation and focus on career development - backed by competitive rewards and eco-conscious… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at LoyaltyOne reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for LoyaltyOne CEO Bryan A. Pearson. All reviews posted anonymously by LoyaltyOne employees.