There are newer employer reviews for LoyaltyOne

Great company...HORRIBLE management

Former Employee - Travel Specialist  in  Mississauga, ON (Canada)
Former Employee - Travel Specialist in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I worked at LoyaltyOne full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company has amazing benefits, you get free gifts, the shifts are decent for bilingual specialists. You get variables, which allows you to start your day earlier or later. There's a lot of room for growth, charity work and you have every other saturday off depending on your skill set.

I love my coworkers.

If you're lucky you get a team leader that genuinely cares about you, and your progress in life and the company.

Cons

Where do I start... Loyalty one is the organization that owns/runs, essentially its the air miles program. So as a specialist your taking air miles calls. The program is ALWAYS changing and many people (especially the elderly) don't like change. Because of all this change you constantly get angry customers that you can do absolutely nothing for, maybe you can offer 25 air miles but what's that really going to do when they're possibly losing out on hundreds or thousands of air miles! So...due to the fact that you can't help these customers, it affects your Customer Satisfaction Surveys.

As a specialist you get 10 surveys a month and you need to average a 70%. Its sometimes difficult to attain that 70% even if your customer service is amazing!!!!! The customers are asked I believe 8 questions, out of those 8 questions there are 2 questions that determine if you pass or fail (what's the point of the other questions right????). 9 out of 10 times if you do fail the survey, its not because you're a bad representative and you gave bad service, it's because the air miles program sucks!!! They keep making changes, not properly informing their customers and then YOU the representative are left with a bad survey. The customers are able to leave comments so you hear exactly why you got a bad survey. Loyalty one doesn't care about that though, my boss told me "the numbers don't lie" lol, even though he knew that I wasn't in the wrong and the situation was "out of my control".They don't use the surveys for the benefit of the customers or the program, they use the surveys to fire their employees.

When you have/had a team leader like mine, that doesn't care about the members of his team and is always selfishly looking out for himself, the company is a hard place to be mentally and emotionally.

It's sometimes a high stress environment because you're always being watched, through stats, personal time...everything is numbers and if you don't have the numbers that they need...you get letters, action plans or you get fired! The company focuses more on micromanaging their employees rather than responding to the needs of their customers.

If you do decide to work here my advice is you're very careful and strategic with the way you deal with certain leaders. Do honest work and if you feel something is not right speak up. Many people are afraid to speak up because they don't want to lose their job. It is a civil environment and you can handle your business in a civil manner. Don't allow people to walk all over you because they are management. If you don't know by your rights...read up on them.

I think that upper management needs to make sure that the team leaders have a very good understanding of the program. I think that one of the requirements of being a team leader should be that they were a specialist in the past. When your team leader always refers you to your peers or other leaders, their job is pointless.

I think that upper management really needs to start listening to the care representatives and their concerns, and use the surveys to benifit the program not to eliminate the employees. The company loses people with amazing skills that can benefit them because of surveys that speak nothing about the service of the agent.

Management has to understand that the not everyone is a leader.

32 Other Employee Reviews for LoyaltyOne (View Most Recent)

A sigh of relief to be here!

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at LoyaltyOne full-time for less than a year

Pros

- gives back to community and parties
    - a free program for clients
    - benefits and company promotes health and wellness for employees
    - work/life balances and opportunities to come in late and leave early without penalty
    - win free stuff
    - most leaders are great
    - great atmosphere
    - work isn't difficult
    - open leadership
    - great recognition program
    - works hard to keep good staff
    - lots of free food
    - meetings with staff face to face as a company and not virtual
    - people stay for a long time for a good reason
    - room to grow

Cons

- bad attitudes/ungrateful complainers
    - power trippers

- higher pay

Plenty of Growth Opportunities in the Contact Centre

Current Employee - Customer Care Leader  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Customer Care Leader in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at LoyaltyOne full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

LoyaltyOne's contact centre offers flexible options through Work at home and flexible work programs. All associates are offered a variety of opportunities to pursue career development in all lanes of the company, however these opportunities are more readily available for lateral moves within the contact centre side of business. it becomes increasingly difficult to cross over to the corporate side, unless you have relevant experience or credentials. it's not to say this hasn't been achieved - many associates who started off in the customer service environment have built meaningful careers on the corporate side. the office culture is relaxed and they run a support-based coaching model, rather than disciplinary.

Cons

No real cons. There may be examples of poor leadership among some teams, but no company is immune to this. Projects are often pushed to launch without being ready, resulting in numerous project launch delays, but to no fault of any one business lane involved in the project. This is usually more circumstancial

There are newer employer reviews for LoyaltyOne

Worked for LoyaltyOne? Contribute to the Community!