Loyola College in Maryland

www.loyola.edu

incompetent HR; snobbish administration

(Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsThe school is located in a beautiful neighborhood, which doesn't stop the snobbish campus police to give out parking tickets to every car park in those neighborhood. $85 a parking ticket? The streets belong to Baltimore CIty, and I pay Baltimore CIty taxes.

ConsHR can't seem to get things right - your benefits account was supposed to be set up months ago, yet things always messed up, and they can't seem to remember which employee's case they need to work on even though you've been calling them for months. Incompetent or indifference?

This has traditionally been an all-white university. It has made progress toward diversity over the years, but if you are not white, you know the difference. It's not hard to tell, even from the secretary.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow up more often. Talk to your subordinates like you would to your neighbor (of course, the president live in university housing, so he has no neighbors.). Put on some facial expressions when you talk to people, don't be like a robot.

Good Community

Assistant Director (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Loyola College in Maryland full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Value personal and professional growth and collaboration Cons: Things can get stagnant and leadership isn't as effective as… Advice to Senior Management: No advice at this time Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Mission-focused

Assistant Professor (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Loyola College in Maryland full-time

Pros: Loyola is a mission-focused institution. The mission is taken… Cons: Higher education is a tough industry right now. More
There are newer reviews on Loyola College in Maryland.

Worked for Loyola College in Maryland? Contribute to the Community!