Luby's
www.lubys.com Houston, TX 5000+ Employees

Too long

Austin, TX

I have been working at Luby's

ProsIF you're lucky you have very experienced staff that lets you do your job. It is nice being able to get done by 9:30, especially after working a 13 hour day.

ConsExpected to work fifty-five plus hours a week, limited time off, unless you have a good boss, even then they work managers too thin. Too many times managers have to pull jobs, leaving less time to manage.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit raising prices and driving old customers off with new promotions and ideas. Good food from good people, now its how much money can we get you to pay for our food?

Graduate degree in food service

Associate Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Luby's full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Luby's is a great place to learn all aspects of our profession. Junior (assistant managers) will learn cooking from scratch , customer… Cons: Hours particularly in a three men shop can be rough. I have worked more than a few… Advice to Senior Management: Please do not play first and second men against each- other. If… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Learned a lot but things are not completely fair.

I have been working at Luby's

Pros: You eant to learn how to cook, this is a good place. They… Cons: Long work days and Weeks. More

There are newer reviews on Luby's.

Worked for Luby's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Luby's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Luby's CEO Chris Pappas. All reviews posted anonymously by Luby's employees.