Luby's

Too long

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Luby's

Pros

IF you're lucky you have very experienced staff that lets you do your job. It is nice being able to get done by 9:30, especially after working a 13 hour day.

Cons

Expected to work fifty-five plus hours a week, limited time off, unless you have a good boss, even then they work managers too thin. Too many times managers have to pull jobs, leaving less time to manage.

Quit raising prices and driving old customers off with new promotions and ideas. Good food from good people, now its how much money can we get you to pay for our food?

26 Other Employee Reviews for Luby's (View Most Recent)

Graduate degree in food service

Former Employee - Associate Manager
    Former Employee - Associate Manager

I worked at Luby's full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Luby's is a great place to learn all aspects of our profession. Junior (assistant managers) will learn cooking from scratch , customer service and all aspects of the industry. Second men (Associate managers) receive quality continuing education from corporate as well as a chance to handle any and all activities that arise.

Cons

Hours particularly in a three men shop can be rough. I have worked more than a few 80+ hour weeks during my tenure. The Company is a times very stressful to work for.

Please do not play first and second men against each- other. If you have a policy that you want enforced demand that General Managers buy into it.

Learned a lot but things are not completely fair.

I have been working at Luby's

Pros

You eant to learn how to cook, this is a good place. They show you everything from swords to dessert. Everything its fresh made from scratch.

Cons

Long work days and Weeks.

There are newer employer reviews for Luby's