Lucas Group

Great place to work

Current Employee - Senior Partner in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Senior Partner in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Lucas Group

Pros

You are rewarded for your work. It is not about how long you have been here or who you are friends with, if you perform you will be rewarded and promoted.
I was a little surprised to read previous reviews about lack of recognition for good performers.... that is not my experience at all. We have a weekly report where top performers are recognized and an end of year meeting/awards dinner.

Cons

It can be a little "sink or swim". Initally, there is a full training program but once that is over you are really left to get on with it. I find that to be a "pro" rather than a "con", but if you are a complete rookie you will not have your hand held and you will not be spoon fed. I know some other managers who are more hands on though....

73 Other Employee Reviews for Lucas Group (View Most Recent)

Very good company.

Current Employee - Executive Search Consultant in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Executive Search Consultant in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Lucas Group

Pros

The corporate company is good and does a good job communicating and show it cares about employees. The Military side of the business seemed very good.

Cons

The Irvine office doesn’t reflect the Lucas Group as a whole. The Managing Partner makes promises to help you but other than answering basic questions, don’t expect any help. The MP also does his own recruiting. He also takes two to two and a half hour lunches everyday but expects you to have lunch at your desk. He also plays golf sometimes once a week. I do not believe that most of the other offices are this way. The benefits are below average.

Better benefits would help attract talent to the company.

A HUGE Mistake

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Lucas Group

Pros

You can come and go as you please, no one is policing you as to when you go to lunch or have appointments.

Cons

Very embarrassed to have worked here. The website is horrible, the technology used seems like it hasn't been updated since the 90s. Some team members are heavily favorited over others, given Kindles, manicures and other extravagant gifts, while I was looked over (even after I spent $50 on boss's day). I was not a recruiter, I was on the corporate side. They begged me to leave my really great job (3 emails, several calls) because they said how "wonderful" I was but was not treated well once I did came aboard. I'm very disappointed with my experience at this company. It is the worst company I have ever worked for in my entire life. The company culture is pretty horrible compared to other places I've been. Save your time and your sanity and don't work here.

Make sure you are fair with your employees and keep everyone in the loop as to what is going on with the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Lucas Group