LucasArts
www.lucasarts.com San Francisco, CA

Creative, not risk averse, providing a collaborative environment and fantastic facilities, though slightly schizophrenic

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at LucasArts full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFacilities are awesome. Company was not afraid of taking technological risks, enabling engineers and artists to do their best. Highly creative and collaborative environment, challenging each individual to grow and do things nobody had done before.

ConsCompany was sometimes unable to see the forest for the trees. Underestimated some of the challenges it faced. Higher level management didn't necessarily understand how to clear a path to some of the goals it set. Some people in key positions unable to make decisions to help projects succeed.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen more to people in the trenches, and don't turn your back on years of work just because things get difficult. If game development was easy, everybody would succeed at it at first try.

So much promise, so many missteps along the way

Producer (Former Employee)

I worked at LucasArts full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: The culture and lifestyle of the brand is so amazing - working on Star Wars products with hundreds of people who love star wars is… Cons: For too long, LucasArts is not really a game company. its a side hobby because games = entertainment and George wants to be known as… Advice to Senior Management: Learn about game design. its the one thing that makes games different from film or pure animation: the interactivity of a controller/keyboard/etc. The user being… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Lucasarts, SF

Art Director (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LucasArts full-time for less than a year

Pros: Working close to ILM on ramping up the visual quality… Cons: Our coffe is quite crabby, though there is a Starbucks… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on LucasArts.

Worked for LucasArts? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at LucasArts reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for LucasArts CEO Kevin Parker. All reviews posted anonymously by LucasArts employees.