Lucasfilm
www.lucasfilm.com San Francisco, CA 500 to 999 Employees

It looks good on the resume...

Coordinator (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Lucasfilm full-time for more than a year

ProsIt's just great to be in a creative space! The people are such a delight with some great personalities. The benefits are good and we had bonus! The Christmas party/gifts and the 4th of July picnic were a highlight. However this was all before Disney came...

ConsThe pay isn't competitive, in fact many leave and go on to make double of what they were making here. Management isn't that great and someone is always threatening to go to HR. The overall company has changed dramatically since "The Mouse" came along and laid off hundreds of people. It will never be the same and that sucks.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen more.

Nice on the outside looking in

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Lucasfilm

Pros: You'll learn a lot about how NOT to run a… Cons: Too many people here are so afraid of losing their jobs that they've lost sight of why Lucasfilm used to be such a great company.… Advice to Senior Management: Don't just hire your buddies. Think of the bigger picture and the BEST people for the job. Take more risks. Stop stabbing each other in… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good in the beginning but progressively downward. Now owned by Disney so hopefully the changes will be good.

Systems Administrator II (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Lucasfilm full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: The talent around you, your peers, the industry, the location,… Cons: No career growth or training. You come in skills but then get stale. The industry will pass you by. Salary's are on… Advice to Senior Management: Get out of the way of the people actually making… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Lucasfilm.

Worked for Lucasfilm? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lucasfilm reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Lucasfilm CEO George Lucas. All reviews posted anonymously by Lucasfilm employees.