There are newer employer reviews for Lufkin Industries

Its a different experience from my former jobs, but its a job.

Current Employee - Class A Burner  in  Lufkin, TX
Current Employee - Class A Burner in Lufkin, TX

I have been working at Lufkin Industries

Pros

The pay is good, and as long as we have orders, the work and hours are good. It has it `s good qualities. It`s a job without benefits.

Cons

The downsides of working there is our family values. when it comes down to having quality time with our families we have to work mandatory weekends and that is when most families spend time together. Its alright to work some weekends if we choose to do so. Not made to do it. Because some people like to work. I do at times, but I would like to spend time with my family on some weekends.

Bonuses would be nice for the hourly employees, for jobs well done. We only get a fish fry for job safety every 200 days. I would rather see bonuses every quarter. And Christmas bonuses. We have never had a decent Christmas present from there since I been there almost 7 years.

9 Other Employee Reviews for Lufkin Industries (View Most Recent)

Lufkin

I worked at Lufkin Industries

Pros

Stable company with a good product

Cons

No upward mobility or vision for the future

Neutral

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Lufkin Industries

Pros

Flexible time, not very pressure in work, easy to talk with managers, especially if you are an Engineer, easy to suggest a project

Cons

Not much benefits package, career perspective is not as good as comparing other big oil and gas companies, don't develop your skills and competences

More time for employee training and development, give attention to internal PR, motivation of employees with benefits and extra activities

There are newer employer reviews for Lufkin Industries

Worked for Lufkin Industries? Contribute to the Community!