Lumber Liquidators
www.lumberliquidators.com Toano, VA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Deteriorating situation, grown beyond their ability to manage

Store Manager (Former Employee)
Salt Lake City, UT

ProsGood situation as a start in retail. All staff do all jobs so everyone learns all aspects of the store.

ConsManagers always work 60-70 hours weekly. Totally inadequate support / training for roll- out of new p.o.s system. There is no support for required work at trade shows. They consider running stores woefully understaffed as a business strategy, seem unaware that busy stores lose customers because they cannot help shoppers.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your people the way Tom Sullivan used to, they are an asset and you disrespect them when you understaffed and under train them.

Relaxed environment, sometimes too relaxed

Web Development Intern (Current Employee)
    Toano, VA

I have been working at Lumber Liquidators

Pros: I really like how relaxed Lumber Liquidators is. There's a lot of autonomy and freedom, dress is… Cons: Sometimes employees abuse the relaxed atmosphere and focus more on social pursuits than doing their work. Sometimes there's a task right in front of everyone's… Advice to Senior Management: Work to keep the good things about the environment, but… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Amazing place to work if you are ready for learn your own way !!!!

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee)
    Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Lumber Liquidators full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great pay ($ 11 - $14 max) till you reach the level of a sales director, Great place to work for high school students… Cons: Thought process of people working at all levels are very basic. Growth prospects are minimal. New recruits, pls do not expect any formal training,… Advice to Senior Management: Please do not recruit professionals from good companies, as the job title you offer is so mis-leading (store manager, Assistant store manager etc.,) but the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Lumber Liquidators.

Worked for Lumber Liquidators? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lumber Liquidators reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Lumber Liquidators CEO Robert M. Lynch. All reviews posted anonymously by Lumber Liquidators employees.