Lush
www.lush.com Poole, United Kingdom 50 to 149 Employees

Terrible overall, with few redeeming qualities

Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

I worked at Lush

ProsThe discount
The products are truly wonderful and innovative
You can dance at your job and talk to people all shift long
I met a few really nice coworkers who also hate the place now

ConsManagement in the State street store was absolutely HORRIFIC
Terrible communication from management down to seasonal staff
The Manager and Manager in Training were never on the same page about things
We were often told the wrong information
Seasonal staff were given the most unpleasant jobs/shifts but treated the worst
All of the seasonal staff were told that at least half of us would be kept onto core staff, but after the holidays were done, they fired us all with no explanation (basically, they used us to sell gifts and up sales during the busy holiday season, and got rid of us when they didn't need us anymore)
You are in no way compensated enough
The discount is not worth it, as you end up spending about half to all of it at the store anyway because it is so tempting and they do not give you enough hours (AND they send you home during your shift if it is slow)
The shifts are all over the place, and even though they say you can trade shifts, if you get three write ups, you're gone

Advice to Senior ManagementI really believe in the founders of Lush and Lush's products, but the store managers are absolutely clueless as to how to run a store efficiently. They do not know how to treat their employees well, and are short tempered. They also have no understanding of the necessity of having a work/life balance. The more creative and intelligent you are, the worse you are treated because you are not just a sheep taking orders.

Great Products; Questionable Management

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Northbrook, IL

I worked at Lush

Pros: Awesome products, a strong dedication to customer service and satisfaction, wonderful patrons that are really into the product, and… Cons: Horrific management-- period. A manager that had clearly never managed a store before and could not create schedules in a timely manner nor resolve conflicts… Advice to Senior Management: Hire competent managers. Don't push a hard sale quite so much-- it embarrasses staff and alienates potential customers. C'mon-- you'd rather have someone buy a… More

Great company with amazing potential but needs to make some changes

Store Manager (Current Employee)
Memphis, TN

I have been working at Lush

Pros: Lush products are amazing, I can honestly stand behind the quality of the products and the ethics of the company.… Cons: Lush is a company that you will truly want to work hard for but sadly your efforts unnoticed. The benefit package is not great, the… Advice to Senior Management: Lush needs to get NA and UK on the same page! Do away with the NA leaders… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Lush.

Worked for Lush? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lush reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Lush CEO Mark Constantine. All reviews posted anonymously by Lush employees.