There are newer employer reviews for Lush

The happiest, best-smelling place to work!

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Glendale, CA
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Glendale, CA

I worked at Lush part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyday is a happy day, the management is wonderful, and I genuinely loved every product I sold to customers. This is a very fun company to work for. They keep you on your feet with new training activities and fun and innovative new products!

Cons

Think of this as a part time job. It's difficult to support yourself working here-- and the many employees make it difficult to get hours.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Seemed like a dream come true, turned into a nightmare.

Former Employee - Sales Ambassador in Lawrenceville, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales Ambassador in Lawrenceville, NJ

I worked at Lush part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun products, 50% discount (when they'll give it to you)

Cons

Horrible management, promises left unfulfilled, terrible schedules, bad pay

Advice to Management

Don't act buddy-buddy with your staff and then choose favorites later on; treat your staff equally, don't hire 17+ employees and give only one day a week to each; be more honest with your customers (and staff!) about the nature of the products and their ingredients

2. A one-of-a-kind job, strong morals, and spreading the love of the company is contagious.

Current Employee - Floor Leader in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Floor Leader in Houston, TX

I have been working at Lush part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There's definitely more pros to this job than anything . I feel more involved in my community/city by getting out there to promote Lush. We are a word of mouth company ( no advertising) so it's our job to make the customers have a wonderful experience in hopes of them spreading the word as well. We have our Charity Pot that 100% profit (sans tax) goes to grass roots charities which is amazing. I don't know many companies who do something like that. Our products are as natural and organic as possible with safe synthetics -- 80% vegan and 100% vegetarian products.
    The company will allow you to move up as fast as you want, if you want too. I've only been with Lush for a little over 6 months and I've already been promoted and before that they actually took the time to extensively train me on the products. WE ARE VASTLY GROWING which means job security and more opportunities popping up for new shops and positions. I find that if you have a job that you love and feel good about coming to everyday then that is most of the perks right there. I may have to wear and apron but the smile on my face is mine alone to wear and I couldn't have been happier to have been chosen to be an example for this wonderful company. My co-workers are my extended family and I have a manger that isn't a boss but a leader. So if you have a knack for making people feel relaxed/pampered/and can educate about our products, swing by a shop. We're waiting for you :)

Cons

I was hired on after being a seasonal hire, it was rather awkward to have the company fire everyone who was seasonal only to make us reapply for the year round position. It was like trying to prove myself, as if i haven't already during the holidays. Imagine breaking up with your b/f and then going back to get your stuff but then suggesting you get back together lol that's how it felt- awkward. I wish they did pay more but it's retail so I understand, and our awesome discount sorta makes up for it.

Advice to Management

Keep up on the training staff. I find that these large store meet ups are helpful and completely motivate everyone with seasonal or new product launches. Never miss and opportunity to communicate with the shops and of course everyone always wants to get paid more ;)