Lush

www.lush.com
  www.lush.com
There are newer employer reviews for Lush

Lush Handmade Cosmetics is an okay play to work...

Current Employee - Keyholder in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
Current Employee - Keyholder in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Lush

Pros

You get tons of free products, and you get a great emplyee discount of 50% the retail price. you also get your employee discount on online purchases from Lush.com. You also get to wear whatever you want as long as it is black or white (you can wear yoga pants, sweatshirts, or you can dress up by wearing skirts, dresses, etc.). The training is also very good. There are also monthly in-store contests to encourage staff members, and cash bonuses are awarded upon making monthly store budget. Furthermore, the company is committed to ethical treatment of animals and the products they sell are AMAZING.

Cons

The pay is terrible. It is minimum wage and you NEVER get performance reviews or pay increases unless minimum wage goes up. Also the pay increase given upon promotion is a measly 25 cents. The monthly store budget is almost always unachievable, making it nearly impossible to make bonus at the end of the month. There is also a ridiculous amount of pressure placed on the sales associates to perform well on the Secret Shopper test (every month we get "secret shopped", and the requirements to pass are ridiculously unachievable. Also you need to score an 85% or higher to pass!). Also, there is a lot of drama between co workers and a lot of favouratism. They also make sales associates feel like they have to constantly harassing customers with upselling, adding on, and demonstrating products on the customer.

stop being so pushy with customers! relax with the secret shop requirements and pay your sales associates better. Also it would nice to get a raise and a performance review every 6 months.

80 Other Employee Reviews for Lush (View Most Recent)

Left behind!

Current Employee - Part-Time
    Current Employee - Part-Time

I have been working at Lush

Pros

Great discounts, benefits and a fun work environment . Work days pass by quickly.

Cons

I rarely get more than one shift per week (three hours) and they don't often promote to fill higher-up roles, they just re-hire! I've been working for a year and a half, and I'm still part time and they say I'm doing very well, but instead of a promotion they rehired to fill new keyholder roles :@

More promotions within the company, less employees per store would make for an intimate environment and more shifts each

Just Awful!

I worked at Lush

Pros

Awesome products, some wonderful people within the company, fun and very open and accepting atmosphere. Amazing discount, and you always smell GREAT!

Cons

Extremely structurally flawed. The company was not set up for success in North America, the CEO and CFO and other higher ups seem to be making it up as they go along. The UK Lush seems to be thriving because they grew more slowly. Lush NA plopped stores all over the place without proper research or qualified persons to manage the shops. They do not invest in their employees. Training for management is almost nonexistent, and the expectations are very high- when those two collide, it is not pretty!

My advice to management is to start looking for another job. This company is not stable, I do not see them surviving with the number of shops they have now. Go somewhere else that will pay you better for your dedication and hard work!

There are newer employer reviews for Lush