There are newer employer reviews for Lutheran Senior Services

Truly the first place I have worked where the mission is not just a statement, but a way of life.

I have been working at Lutheran Senior Services

Pros

LSS, specifically LHV, is the premier retirement community in Illinois. Employees are treated as family, where their family is as important as their job. Management is not only focused on customer service, but also on the satisfaction of their employees. Everything is done, from the highest level of management, to see to it that the employees feel valued. I would never work anywhere else!

Cons

The only cons that I can think of are cons anywhere you work. The days are very busy. Budgets are tight. We do what we can with what we have, and some people feel that enough is never enough.

Keep doing what you are doing and never lose sight of the fact that the only way to increase customer satisfaction is to have employees who feel cared for and respected.

reviews filtered by
  1. Overworked. Underpaid.

Former Employee - Server
    Former Employee - Server

I worked at Lutheran Senior Services

Pros

Coworkers and residents are great, good food. Great benefits.

Cons

No real opportunites to advance. Raises are extremely hard to get and low unless your manager favors you. Breaks are not given, but are deducted from your pay. Sometimes required to work as many as 50 hours a week because low staff and high school workers who's availability is practically nothing.

Give your lower level staff the training and pay they deserve.

2. Gotta take the bad with the good

Former Employee - Management in Jefferson City, MO
    Former Employee - Management in Jefferson City, MO

I worked at Lutheran Senior Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Christian based company with the mission of providing the best care possible for elders.

Cons

The company changed significantly in the 6 years I worked for them. Originally, the residents came above all else and the employees came in a close second. Through the years, the focus moved more toward profit than to keeping the residents and employees happy. Happy employees = happy residents.

Take another look at the mission and strive to walk the mission instead of just talking about it.

There are newer employer reviews for Lutheran Senior Services