Lutheran Senior Services

www.lssliving.org

Truly the first place I have worked where the mission is not just a statement, but a way of life.

ProsLSS, specifically LHV, is the premier retirement community in Illinois. Employees are treated as family, where their family is as important as their job. Management is not only focused on customer service, but also on the satisfaction of their employees. Everything is done, from the highest level of management, to see to it that the employees feel valued. I would never work anywhere else!

ConsThe only cons that I can think of are cons anywhere you work. The days are very busy. Budgets are tight. We do what we can with what we have, and some people feel that enough is never enough.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing and never lose sight of the fact that the only way to increase customer satisfaction is to have employees who feel cared for and respected.

Overworked. Underpaid.

Server (Former Employee)

I worked at Lutheran Senior Services

Pros: Coworkers and residents are great, good food. Great benefits. Cons: No real opportunites to advance. Raises are extremely hard to get and low unless your manager favors you. Breaks are not given, but are… Advice to Senior Management: Give your lower level staff the training and pay they… More

Kind Residents

Dietaey Supervisor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Lutheran Senior Services full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good benefits and residents are great. Cons: Sometimes hard to advance your career. Advice to Senior Management: I think pay structure needs updating for dietary. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Lutheran Senior Services.

Worked for Lutheran Senior Services? Contribute to the Community!