Lutheran Senior Services

Good high school job.

Current Employee - Dining Associate in Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Dining Associate in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Lutheran Senior Services

Pros

schedule flexibility
pay is above minimum wage
residents are nice

Cons

management lacks knowledge in the situation of the dining room

you should come see how things work in the dining room before making big changes.

16 Other Employee Reviews for Lutheran Senior Services (View Most Recent)

Former Marketing Slave

Former Employee - Marketing
    Former Employee - Marketing

I worked at Lutheran Senior Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You will basically never get fired if you suck up enough to the administrator and just do the minimum amount of work without ever giving any original ideas or input.

Cons

Must become an LSS zombie, spouting "Living Life to the Fullest" anytime the phone rings or a senior staff member quizes you. Can't ever have any innovative, creative, out of the box thinking or you will get written up and passed over for any promotions. In order to succeed must be willing to bury your personality, become a stepford employee and quote LSS policy instead of your own insights or thoughts.

Quit firing long time employees, or your communities will never stay full. There is a finite supply of older adults with enough money, high mini mental scores and enough longevity to get admitted to your communities.

Truly the first place I have worked where the mission is not just a statement, but a way of life.

I have been working at Lutheran Senior Services

Pros

LSS, specifically LHV, is the premier retirement community in Illinois. Employees are treated as family, where their family is as important as their job. Management is not only focused on customer service, but also on the satisfaction of their employees. Everything is done, from the highest level of management, to see to it that the employees feel valued. I would never work anywhere else!

Cons

The only cons that I can think of are cons anywhere you work. The days are very busy. Budgets are tight. We do what we can with what we have, and some people feel that enough is never enough.

Keep doing what you are doing and never lose sight of the fact that the only way to increase customer satisfaction is to have employees who feel cared for and respected.

There are newer employer reviews for Lutheran Senior Services