Lutheran Social Services of New England

www.lssne.org
  www.lssne.org
There are newer employer reviews for Lutheran Social Services of New England

Was able to build my knowledge in the field that I am pursuing for work.

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Concord, NH
Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Concord, NH

I worked at Lutheran Social Services of New England part-time (less than an year)

Pros

A great work environment. A place I would recommend to anyone that is looking for a job. The people there treated as part of their team

Cons

There were no cons at Lutheran Social Services. An awesome company that I was able to experience my volunteer time with.

5 Other Employee Reviews for Lutheran Social Services of New England (View Most Recent)

The structures at LSSNE had been in employees' favor and were steadily being broken down to their detriment.

Former Employee - Program Manager
    Former Employee - Program Manager

I worked at Lutheran Social Services of New England

Pros

The management was generally very supportive of my needs to balance work and family life. There was still a decent amount of vacation time, though it was just previously knocked down from what it had been. The general atmosphere is still very positive in that people still do care about what they're doing and how to make a difference in the lives of their clients.

Cons

The culture of the company does not learn well, nor does it know how to listen to ideas which would help move the company through difficult scenarios. There's a lot of "that would be helpful" and then the ideas get ignored. Even if there are reasons for not taking the ideas of those lower than senior management, there could be much more engagement with new ideas across the board.

Listen to what your employees say, and genuinely engage what might be useful. If there seems to be a good idea, no matter where it comes from, don't be afraid to try it and/or bring it to your own boss.

AR Manager

Former Employee - AR Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - AR Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Lutheran Social Services of New England full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I managed people in Concord, N.H; their working style was laid-back.

Cons

Traveling was hard to Concord, NH, Worcester, Springfield, MA and Maine.

Management changed a lot.

There are newer employer reviews for Lutheran Social Services of New England