Lutron

www.lutron.com
  www.lutron.com
There are newer employer reviews for Lutron

Nice place to work if you live close by.

Current Employee - Brookdale Employee in Coopersburg, PA
Current Employee - Brookdale Employee in Coopersburg, PA

I have been working at Lutron

Pros

Do very little work for what is paid, but this can also get boring some days.
Depending on you boss, time off it easy to get with one or two days notice.
Fairly laid back place to work, as you show up to work everyday, you will have a job.
Always looking for new ways of doing everything, not matter how stange it might sound at first.
Pride in work it really high by everyone, if there is a issue you can see it in everyone's face, till it is fixed or corrected.
Everyday is different, work place is always changing

Cons

Communication is something that Lutron does not have, but we will say we do but do nothing ever about it.
Raise are $25 a week every year. If you bend over backward often, all you get is a "thanks", get the same raise as someone who shows up everyday.
Everyday you hear two different side of what should be done of how should it be done, and it can change at anytime. then they ask why did you not know this.
People get moved around alot, if you are at one job for more then 2 years, you are lucky, most move around every year or so.

Instead of saying we have a communication issue do something about it.

92 Other Employee Reviews for Lutron (View Most Recent)

Difficult to work for but salary above average.

Former Employee - Technical Support in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Technical Support in London, England (UK)

I worked at Lutron full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Salary above average. The company is very successful with a very high turnover. The staff average age is 30 and is very multicultural. Good opportunity for young graduates with a lot of ambition.

Cons

High staff turnover. "Hire and fire" policy. Very long working hours. Don't expect much help from colleagues. You are on your own.

There is no clear management policy. One manager will say something when an other will tell the complete opposite. It is extremely confusing for the staff.

It is a legit company, and they paid me well and provided a lot of benefits that I did not expect.

Current Employee - Outside Sales Intern
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Intern

I have been working at Lutron as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Seems to have a great work/life balance, solid benefits, values its people. Paid extra for overtime, provided us all with iPad's, reimbursed for all the miles we drove, put us up in nice hotels, rental cars, etc.

Cons

I would never in my life want to live in Coopersburg, PA. I was also promised some things by some individuals in the company which, it turned out, they did not have the power to make happen. In my situation, there was always a lot of miscommunication between different people in the company.

Be up front about all of your expectations from the beginning as opposed to changing them over time because you want people to focus on one thing at a time.

There are newer employer reviews for Lutron