There are newer employer reviews for Luxottica

Great and fun company!

Current Employee - Sunglass Hut Store Manager
Current Employee - Sunglass Hut Store Manager

I have been working at Luxottica full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits, nonprofit organization OneSight, fun work environment, great product, really care about customer service, consistent and updated training and coaching

Cons

Not a lot of opportunities to move up in the company unless you're willing to relocate, could offer higher salary to both management and associates

251 Other Employee Reviews for Luxottica (View Most Recent)

Demand you work within an unrealistic payroll grid and then demand you to only report what fits no matter what you work.

Former Employee - Store Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Luxottica full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

met some nice folks to work with...5 years ago when recruited to the company, they had a great caliber of upper management .

Cons

That has all changed. 4 regional managers later and a company restructured and upper management replaced..they no longer value the employees. They are trying to force employees to deduct hours from their time cards so the regionals turn in what makes them look good. Also forcing store managers to reduce full time employee hours to 29 or less so they loose their benefits. With the monopoly they have (Lenscrafters, Pearle, Target, Sears, Sunglass Hut, Ilori, Aspen...just to name a few), shame on the way they treat loyal and top notch employees.

Look at the track record of your tried and true employees and dig in to find out how to keep them and what is really going on as you onboard all these new regional managers. It would be worth the effort. Andrea is stepping in where Daryl Hammett stepped down...fix it, you are losing great managers.
    a

Charming Façade

Former Employee - Manager In Training in Warwick, RI
    Former Employee - Manager In Training in Warwick, RI

I worked at Luxottica part-time (less than an year)

Pros

My branch of Luxottica was Sunglass Hut, one good part about working for Luxottica is the discount. I wear glasses and to get my prescription at a fraction of the cost was awesome. Also if you are interested in anything fashion, learning about the different brands was interesting.

Cons

When I first started everyone was wonderful. I was hired as a Manager in Training, and the were supposed to help me grow and when a store became available it would be mine. Everyone was really flexible with my other job and in general really great. They spoke very highly of our commission that we make if we meet our goals and that was another exciting aspect but only working at night, it's hard to reach your goals, and if you do its about 1% of your sales. When I first started I told them driving was an issue and I couldn't go very far. They pushed me to take a store that was over an hour away. When I declined, I could tell they had a sour taste in their mouth, and I began to be shafted.
    My management staff was terrible. The staff consisted of myself, a boy who was available two days a week, a woman who could only work four days, another woman who could only work up to twenty hours, my Store Manager who was never there, and my Assistant manager who only wanted to work mornings. Being the only one with open availability it fell on my shoulders to pick up any shifts that people called out of, mind you I was only part time, and this position is not on call. When I was not able to take a shift I got blamed and it got thrown in my face that my boss had children and I was making her leave them.
    The expectation from corporate was unrealistic. We work single shifts with an open layout and there are no security tags on our merchandise so people can literally just walk by and steal. It is expected of us to help customers while being our own loss prevention, which to me was way too stressful. When you have a theft you need to contact all your managers, even your regional to tell them, which is embarrassing. There is also no training whatsoever. I needed to do everything myself in order to sell our merchandise.

If a store has a low retention rate with associates I would look into the management staff at a particular store rather than overlooking and continue to hire new staff. Also if an associate's availability will not positively impact the store then they should not become a part of the team.

There are newer employer reviews for Luxottica