Luxottica

www.luxottica.it
  www.luxottica.it
There are newer employer reviews for Luxottica

Fun, fashion, and made friends for life

I worked at Luxottica

Pros

Work with great people and fashion. Very upbeat work place, positive, and busy.

Cons

Must work nights and weekends, and essentialy be reachable at all times. Not much opportunity for growth within the company.

256 Other Employee Reviews for Luxottica (View Most Recent)

3rd Key Management A Typical Job

Former Employee - Third Key in Waterloo, NY
    Former Employee - Third Key in Waterloo, NY

I worked at Luxottica part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great Sales contests and flexible hours for classes or other responsibilities. Reasonable goals and management.

Cons

At times, the management makes the selling on the retail floor out to be a used car lot feel, they forget its ok to have a personality.

Any unofficial sales being processed are because store managers are telling their lower staff to go ahead with order, or saying its been approved.

My experience working for Sunglass Hu, an entity of Luxottica, was eye-opening.

Former Employee - Sunglass Hut Store Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Sunglass Hut Store Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Luxottica full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The only positive thing I can say about my experience personally would be a generous discount on merchandise.

Cons

Sexual harassment, unattainable sales goals, extremely high pressure to perform, inappropriate corporate retreats, senior management in North Carolina region will at the very least make you uncomfortable if you are a woman. The first week I was hired I was required to attend a company weekend retreat at a lake house. My district manager came into my room unannounced in the evening in his boxers and a t-shirt. On days I had low sales I was told there was a direct correlation between my low sales and not wearing the right amount of makeup or fixing my hair well enough on that day.

Be more aware of who you hire, increase company morale which seems to be non-existent in some areas. I was paid a meager $10.60 per hour as a manager, seriously who can afford to live off of this?

There are newer employer reviews for Luxottica