Luxottica Retail

www.luxottica.com

a company with many opportunities to shine "if."

Optician - Lab Manager (Current Employee) Ann Arbor, MI

ProsThe benefits are better than most, but are still inadequate. The opportunity for advancement are excellent, but a lot of management is based on friends promoting friends, instead of promotions based on capabilities and qualifications The company does have the capabilities of transfers to other states. So you are pretty flexible in moving to states where the economy is better.

ConsThere are times when you are transferred to other locations, and extended travel isn't compensated. A lot of "opticians" are under educated to meet the needs of the patients they are supposed to be guiding. The education level is based more on sales rather than meeting the patients medical and economical needs.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more objective toward advancement instead of subjective. Increase retail wages, slightly, and eliminate commission. It is detrimental to patient oriented sales.

Solid developmental and leadership training if your fit withing the peer group

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Mason, OH

I worked at Luxottica Retail

Pros: Very good leadership development and career planning. Strong goal oriented performance driven culture. Career development plans are implement and followed up on. … Cons: Culture is such that at times learning to speak the buzz and being properly connected overshadows actually performing demonstrated leadership competencies. As the organization… Advice to Senior Management: Seek the feedback outside of the circle to balance with those… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Not a bad job overall.

Managing Optometrist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Luxottica Retail

Pros: For an optometrist who prefers to earn a salary instead of owning a practice, Luxottica is a great company to work for. Compared to being… Cons: I agree with the Manager from Chicago about downsides of… Advice to Senior Management: Rather than visiting stores to provide feedback, Senior Management should actually work as one of us at the store level once in a while to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Luxottica Retail.

Worked for Luxottica Retail? Contribute to the Community!