Luxottica Retail

www.luxottica.com
  www.luxottica.com
There are newer employer reviews for Luxottica Retail

a company with many opportunities to shine "if."

Current Employee - Optician - Lab Manager in Ann Arbor, MI
Current Employee - Optician - Lab Manager in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Luxottica Retail

Pros

The benefits are better than most, but are still inadequate. The opportunity for advancement are excellent, but a lot of management is based on friends promoting friends, instead of promotions based on capabilities and qualifications The company does have the capabilities of transfers to other states. So you are pretty flexible in moving to states where the economy is better.

Cons

There are times when you are transferred to other locations, and extended travel isn't compensated. A lot of "opticians" are under educated to meet the needs of the patients they are supposed to be guiding. The education level is based more on sales rather than meeting the patients medical and economical needs.

Be more objective toward advancement instead of subjective. Increase retail wages, slightly, and eliminate commission. It is detrimental to patient oriented sales.

202 Other Employee Reviews for Luxottica Retail (View Most Recent)

Solid developmental and leadership training if your fit withing the peer group

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH

I worked at Luxottica Retail

Pros

Very good leadership development and career planning. Strong goal oriented performance driven culture. Career development plans are implement and followed up on. As with all retail and field based organizations, leadership within a territory or region varies. Field personnel has decent support to operate the business as compared to competitors within the industry. The company does support trying new things when things are not working, albeit to slowly.

Cons

Culture is such that at times learning to speak the buzz and being properly connected overshadows actually performing demonstrated leadership competencies. As the organization has grown, like many, decision are directed to politics, jockeying for power, and what looks best to the next level of leadership. While ROI is an important factor is becoming less specifically driving the vision and more about "reporting"

Seek the feedback outside of the circle to balance with those who are trusted advisers. Be responsible for your emotional wake.

Not a bad job overall.

Current Employee - Managing Optometrist
    Current Employee - Managing Optometrist

I have been working at Luxottica Retail

Pros

For an optometrist who prefers to earn a salary instead of owning a practice, Luxottica is a great company to work for. Compared to being employed as an associate by a private optometrist, a corporation will provide much more comprehensive benefits. Unlike many HMOs that employ optometrists, we are able to practice full-scope optometry from specialty contact lens fit to refractive surgery co-management.

Cons

I agree with the Manager from Chicago about downsides of the company. I chuckled when I read the review.

Rather than visiting stores to provide feedback, Senior Management should actually work as one of us at the store level once in a while to remind themselves how a store actually runs on the bare bones staffing we get. They will be able to come up with much more realistic models and goals for the stores to work towards.

There are newer employer reviews for Luxottica Retail