There are newer employer reviews for Luxottica Retail

A great part-time gig through college.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Birmingham, AL
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Luxottica Retail part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Part-time pay is decent, bonuses (if your store qualifies for them)/spiffs/insurance program is great, and so are the discounts for eye wear, and during the quarter associate discounts, phenomenal. Easy work, easy selling. Not hard at all.

Cons

These downsides are minor at best, but the biggest one is if you're working inside Macy's department stores...the associates there mostly aren't friendly. And they are always trying to get you to do their work, or sell their products when you don't even work for them.

Other than that, basically you have to stand around a LOT. Lunch breaks could be increased, a run eat and get-back to work approach, and you aren't allowed to do anything else (obviously you can't text in any position, but I'm talking about stuff such as homework, or reading unless it's company material).

Advice to Management

Be a bit more flexible in the corporate approach; if you know a student has big tests or something, it's okay if he studies during down-time if everything else in the store is finished.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. FUN

Current Employee - Store Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Luxottica Retail full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are great incentives and this company offers a fun and energetic work environment!

Cons

At the moment, I can not think of any cons for this company. I enjoy my job very much.

Do the Work but don't expect to be paid.

Former Employee - Optical Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Optical Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Luxottica Retail full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This company offered nice benefits package and some great people to work with...5 years ago.
    free pair of glasses annually.

Cons

Managers work hourly and if sales aren't to goal set ...no commission and be expected to deduct hours you worked from the paysheet or you will be out of compliance and threatened with corrective actions. Single coverage mostly with no coverage for breaks or lunch. Expected to train $8.00 an hour emloyees to read prescriptions, learn lens options and guess what...they check in your glasses on a lensometer that they don't know what they are reading...after 5 years of remakes to the lab, I can assure you that those glasses need to be inspected by qualified employees. They refuse to allow any extra hours for training. If you haven't hit the weekly goal (say you sold $9,999.00 and goal is $10,000.) no commission. Also, the payroll grid is based on this so by missing goal it knocks you into a lower payroll grid and now you are expected to deduct your hours that you've already worked to stay in compliance. Compliance for Luxottica but not by law. Alot expected from you to work off the clock. Life spam of a Regional Manager 14 mos. I was there 5 years and had 4 different mgrs.

Advice to Management

Inspect what you expect. You have valuable employees that are being abused. Increase the payroll hours to benefit the work environment. Customers need to know that you are staffed to accomodate their needs and employees need to know that they do not hae to work off the clock to keep their jobs.
    Also, you need to establish a training program or assign training hours. New hires should not be expected to learn on Belux at home.