Luxottica Retail
www.luxottica.com McDonough, GA 16 to 50 Employees

A great part-time gig through college.

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Birmingham, AL

ProsPart-time pay is decent, bonuses (if your store qualifies for them)/spiffs/insurance program is great, and so are the discounts for eye wear, and during the quarter associate discounts, phenomenal. Easy work, easy selling. Not hard at all.

ConsThese downsides are minor at best, but the biggest one is if you're working inside Macy's department stores...the associates there mostly aren't friendly. And they are always trying to get you to do their work, or sell their products when you don't even work for them.

Other than that, basically you have to stand around a LOT. Lunch breaks could be increased, a run eat and get-back to work approach, and you aren't allowed to do anything else (obviously you can't text in any position, but I'm talking about stuff such as homework, or reading unless it's company material).

Advice to Senior ManagementBe a bit more flexible in the corporate approach; if you know a student has big tests or something, it's okay if he studies during down-time if everything else in the store is finished.

FUN

Store Manager (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

I have been working at Luxottica Retail full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: There are great incentives and this company offers a fun… Cons: At the moment, I can not think of any cons… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Do the Work but don't expect to be paid.

Optical Manager (Former Employee)
    Austin, TX

I worked at Luxottica Retail full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: This company offered nice benefits package and some great people… Cons: Managers work hourly and if sales aren't to goal set ...no commission and be expected to deduct hours you worked from the paysheet or you… Advice to Senior Management: Inspect what you expect. You have valuable employees that are being abused. Increase the payroll hours to benefit the work environment. Customers… More
There are newer reviews on Luxottica Retail.

Worked for Luxottica Retail? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Luxottica Retail reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Luxottica Retail CEO Andrea Guerra. All reviews posted anonymously by Luxottica Retail employees.