www.lycoming.com
There are newer employer reviews for Lycoming Engines

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Williamsport, PA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Williamsport, PA

I have been working at Lycoming Engines

Pros

Decent pay for the work you do. Decent amount of overtime on a weekly basis which is voluntary so you work what you want.

Cons

communication could be better between supervisor and employees, some employees that have been around for a long time are getting lazy.

Have actual meetings set up between supervisors for the off shifts and the employees so that all the info can be communicated between shifts on a daily basis.

3 Other Employee Reviews for Lycoming Engines (View Most Recent)

Great Internship Experience

I have been working at Lycoming Engines as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

One of my favorite things about working at Lycoming is the people you get to work with. Everyone is very approachable and knowledgeable. As an intern, I have learned a lot about my field in the short time I have been here, these experiences will definitely help me in my future career path.

Cons

The first week was quite a whirlwind. Between orientation sessions and on-the-job-training, you can easily feel overwhelmed. If you are not a quick learner, this transition may be difficult.

Continue to give responsibility to your interns. It makes

Very friendly people, great place to work if you're interested in aviation

Current Employee - Research & Development Engineer in Williamsport, PA
    Current Employee - Research & Development Engineer in Williamsport, PA

I have been working at Lycoming Engines as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great company culture, very easy to become integrated and serve a meaningful role in the company. They also offer good pay, especially considering the cost of living in the area is fairly cheap. Knowing that you're working on actual aircraft engines is pretty exciting if you're into that sort of thing, and there is a great emphasis on safety and quality.

Cons

My job involved a lot of desk-work, so that became a bit tedious at times. The desktop OS's could use some upgrading as well.

Make it more clear upon extending offers what exactly someone's job will entail

There are newer employer reviews for Lycoming Engines