Great company to drive for

Current Employee - Driver  in  San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Driver in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Lyft part-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible scheduling, easy scheduling interface, great support team. It's a great way to make your car holistically useful to the community at large while making good money. The smartphone integrated system is easy, thoughtfully designed and fast.

Cons

Almost all communication with support and management is via email and text message so if you're not comfortable with communicating almost exclusively via tech this may not be the job for you.

You're doing a great job so far. Keep it up!

Other Reviews for Lyft

Great opportunity for easy money if you are a good driver and have access to a car.

Current Employee - Driver  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Driver in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Lyft full-time for less than a year

Pros

Its very flexible. You can work whenever you want or not work without worrying about the schedule. People are generally very friendly. You get paid weekly. Pay is pretty good.

Cons

Can be hard on your body. Driving gets tiresome. It can also get pretty boring because you constantly have the exact same conversation over and over. Also the management is always threatening to terminate you if you don't have prefect feedback from customers.

Please try to give drivers who got a low rating really detailed feedback as to what they have done wrong and how to improve.

Amazeballs

Current Employee - Driver  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Driver in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Lyft part-time for less than a year

Pros

Extra cash every week. You definitely get out of it what you put in. You meet so many people that you would have never crossed paths with otherwise. Some of these people are awesome and have some great advice or insights into other aspects of life.

Cons

People suck at times. THE RATING SYSTEM IS STUPID. I got a bad rating because a drunk guy couldn't figure out if he wanted me to drop him off at home or at his bike down the street. I drove to both locations in the span of 52 minutes before I finally called it a night and politely asked him If I could just leave him at his home since he was drunk and could get a DUI from riding his bike home. He got mad that I was trying "to get rid of him" It was 3 am and I was fighting sleep. :(
    Also you get bad ratings for following GPS and sometimes it's not the path they usually take. So you basically have to read minds.

Change the rating system. Make the rating system just so if we rate each other low we do not get paired again. Or for bad people to get kicked off the app. Not for show or to deem someone unworthy of giving rides. We are offering up our own vehicle to take drunk peeps home and when we get a bad one it jeopardizes us.
    Also some compensation for cancelled lyfts would be nice. Maybe like a $3 fee give to us?

There are newer employer reviews for Lyft.

Worked for Lyft? Contribute to the Community!