There are newer employer reviews for Lyft

Great company to drive for

Current Freelancer - Driver in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Lyft (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible scheduling, easy scheduling interface, great support team. It's a great way to make your car holistically useful to the community at large while making good money. The smartphone integrated system is easy, thoughtfully designed and fast.

Cons

Almost all communication with support and management is via email and text message so if you're not comfortable with communicating almost exclusively via tech this may not be the job for you.

Advice to Management

You're doing a great job so far. Keep it up!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great opportunity for easy money if you are a good driver and have access to a car.

Current Freelancer - Driver in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Lyft (Less than a year)

Pros

Its very flexible. You can work whenever you want or not work without worrying about the schedule. People are generally very friendly. You get paid weekly. Pay is pretty good.

Cons

Can be hard on your body. Driving gets tiresome. It can also get pretty boring because you constantly have the exact same conversation over and over. Also the management is always threatening to terminate you if you don't have prefect feedback from customers.

Advice to Management

Please try to give drivers who got a low rating really detailed feedback as to what they have done wrong and how to improve.

2. Driver

Current Freelancer - Lyft Driver in San Francisco, CA
    Current Freelancer - Lyft Driver in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Lyft (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility is the biggest pro for me. You should when you want to drive and for how long. I do drive for Lyft as a second job. it allows me to work whenever I would like to turn the app on. You get to meet and interact with a lot of great people.

Cons

I've had just one issue with using the Lyft line app where I missed a ride because the app had glitched. I don't see that I could do this as a full time career just because it doesn't provide the growth and work environment that I want full time. But it can be perfect for others.