There are newer employer reviews for Lyft

Great company to drive for

Current Employee - Driver in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Lyft part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Flexible scheduling, easy scheduling interface, great support team. It's a great way to make your car holistically useful to the community at large while making good money. The smartphone integrated system is easy, thoughtfully designed and fast.

Cons

Almost all communication with support and management is via email and text message so if you're not comfortable with communicating almost exclusively via tech this may not be the job for you.

You're doing a great job so far. Keep it up!

reviews filtered by

Great opportunity for easy money if you are a good driver and have access to a car.

Current Employee - Driver in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Lyft full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Its very flexible. You can work whenever you want or not work without worrying about the schedule. People are generally very friendly. You get paid weekly. Pay is pretty good.

Cons

Can be hard on your body. Driving gets tiresome. It can also get pretty boring because you constantly have the exact same conversation over and over. Also the management is always threatening to terminate you if you don't have prefect feedback from customers.

Please try to give drivers who got a low rating really detailed feedback as to what they have done wrong and how to improve.

Recruit, mentor, and driver

I have been working at Lyft

Pros

Can make good money once your make it to the mentoring role and even more once they invite you to be a recruiter.

Cons

tons of miles on your car! I put 30k on last year along and I spend a third of my time off the road recruiting and mentoring

Wish there was a direct line to contact them, everything has to be done over email

There are newer employer reviews for Lyft