Lyft

www.lyft.com

Awesome company to work for. Amazing people and smart management

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

Pros-Great product and brand.
-Upper management really cares and listen to both employees and the community
-Good pay (for my role at least)
-Free lunch, monthly commuter benefits
-Free Lyft credits occasionally
-Positive and encouraging work environment
-barely any micro management.

*************
I just want to clarify a few things with regards to the driver complaints below:

-It is very difficult to get a low rating with our system. A 1 star or 3 star rating doesn't bring down the overall average as much as one would think. You would have to be earning low ratings consistently and over a long period of time (months) for the system to really start lowering your overall star ratings.

-We have a very big community of drivers and passengers, sometimes it can take a little longer for support to reach out. But by no means are we singling any body out. Support folks work the hardest and often after hours, so it's understandable. Patience is a virtue my friend.

-Unfortunately, sometimes the passenger experience can be unpleasant. That's why we allow you, the driver to rate the passenger after each ride. If you give him/her a low rating, that person won't be matched up with you again.

-With regards to navigation, drivers should always ask the passenger if there's a route they prefer. But navigation could also mean your driving style. Safety will always be the #1 priority for our passengers and drivers.

*************

Disclaimer: This review is voluntarily written.

ConsNot really any, just typical growing startup problems. Some politics, but which company doesn't have politics?

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep being data-driven and focus on the product and building amazing community.

Indentured servitude

Driver (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

I have been working at Lyft part-time for less than a year

Pros: App works great Pick your hours Easy screening process to become driver Cons: Riders are cheap when it comes to tipping, most don't tip at all Too easy for riders to give low rating even when it's not warranted Not… Advice to Senior Management: Show some loyalty to the income earners. You treat… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Weird rating system and not enough consistent work

Driver (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

I worked at Lyft part-time for less than a year

Pros: Flexibility, if you like driving (which I do), fun way to see the… Cons: Really silly rating system - I just got fired from Lyft for having a 4.52 rating out of 5. Granted, I don't drive for… Advice to Senior Management: Get rid of the rating system. Maintain all of your drivers and treat them like nonexpendable assets. Only deal with a… – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Lyft.

Worked for Lyft? Contribute to the Community!